- +

Author Topic: Maneely at Charlton  (Read 2332 times)

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Maneely at Charlton
« on: July 30, 2011, 11:55:09 AM »
Yoc and I have finally finished putting together a collection of the work Joe Maneely did at Charlton comics after the Atlas Implosion.  The books were scanned by a number of people; I compiled and in many cases slightly edited the scans while Yoc put together a wonderful cover and introduction pages.

This is far from Maneely's best work.  But it still has an artistry that commands our attention, and it's really nice to see the work together in one place.  Since it's some of the only art of his we're allowed to share here, I hope you all enjoy it.

Digital Comic Museum

Maneely at Charlton
« on: July 30, 2011, 11:55:09 AM »

Offline rangerhouse

• DCM Facebook admin
  • Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
    • Digital Comic Museum Facebook Page
Re: Maneely at Charlton
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 12:03:21 PM »
You two have set a  new standard for Archives and Collections.  LOOKS GREAT...  Thanks RH

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 12:42:42 PM »
Thanks for the kind words RH.
We're pretty proud of the final product. 
It sure would be nice to know for sure about that one missing story though.

Offline rangerhouse

• DCM Facebook admin
  • Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
    • Digital Comic Museum Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 02:55:06 PM »
Some more..  Facebook fan posted where can I purchase this book ...  ;)

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 04:06:11 PM »
HA!  Very cool!  :)
After telling him it's a free download he's more than welcome to help with a donation towards the DCM server costs here -
http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/forum/index.php?action=treasury

BTW we managed to cover our costs this month due to everyone's generous donations!
Thanks very much gang!  :D  ^-^

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »
And we finally got a copy of the one story we knew of attributed to Maneely at Charlton that we didn't have a copy of, got the story verified as Maneely by some of the finest experts on the subject in the world, and have posted the updated version of the Maneely at Charlton collection.

I'm slightly torn on this one, part of me hopes we really have the complete & definitive collection put together; another part hopes somebody discovers more work by Maneely at Charlton.  Either way, I'm happy with and proud of this collection.

I'm also proud of DCM and what it does; I am not even remotely kidding or exaggerating when I say it was verified by experts.  Dr. Michael J. Vassallo, Jim Vadeboncoeur Jr., Ger Apeldoorn, and Michael T. Gilbert all responded within about 12 hours of Yoc and I asking on DCM and the Timely-Atlas group.  There are a few names of possibly equal stature, and I don't want to slight others who commented, but that's as impressive a group of people to verify a story as being drawn by Maneely as it is possible to put together no matter where or how much time you had to do it. Thanks to all.