developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Amazon Fire Tablet?  (Read 1070 times)

Offline srca1941

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Amazon Fire Tablet?
« on: August 28, 2016, 11:47:17 AM »
With the Fire 7 tablet just $50, I was wondering if anyone knew how well it works as a comic reader? Right now I only have my desktop PC, and that's not the most comfortable way to read GA comics. I'd like to get a tablet for this, but I don't want to and can't really spend too much. If not the Fire, are there any suggestions?

-Eric

Digital Comic Museum

Amazon Fire Tablet?
« on: August 28, 2016, 11:47:17 AM »

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
Re: Amazon Fire Tablet?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 01:04:27 PM »
Not really used one for reading but what I would first suggest is to check the Amazon store and see what Comic Reader apps they have since you are tied to the Amazon App Store.

Other than that, is 7" going to be big enough for you? I know some have said in the past that 7" is too small with poor eye sight or without zooming into the comic constantly.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 10:22:54 PM »
I'm on a 10" Samsung Galaxy Pad and find it just fine for reading on.... but I paid a lot more than $50.
If you can find Perfect Viewer for your Fire give it a try.  I like it.

Let us know how it goes,
-Yoc

Offline twiztor

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 10:58:19 PM »
i've got a 7" Amazon Kindle Fire and use it primarily as a comic reader.  i use the "Perfect Viewer" app to read .cbr comic files.

i find the size is good for me, but, depending on the comic, the font can be quite small sometimes. for double-page spreads, i always have to view it landscape style and then zoom in to get the full effect. also, anything scanned thru fiche will be harder to read because of the lack of quality. Just some things to keep in mind.

i hope you enjoy whatever you end up with tho!