- +

Author Topic: Gazelle024 Introduction  (Read 1451 times)

Offline gazelle024

• DCM Member
Gazelle024 Introduction
« on: May 19, 2015, 02:25:52 PM »
Saying "Hi!" since that's the first thing you normally do on sites like this.

I've been reading comics since I was a kid in the 1960's. At that time I started by only reading Superman comics. That's because of the Superman tv series. Eventually I started reading other things from any comic company. I chose by what interested me in the cover. Most comics were 12 cents or 25 cents. The giant size of the 25 cent books was usually the best deal even though they often featured reprints. That was ok since I had nit read those stories when they first came out.

I found myself intrigued by golden age heroes appearing in some of the DC books as they teamed with current heroes. There had been a revival of the super hero comic in those days. I also found myself reading stories at the very beginning of Marvel and although a few heroes appeared in the golden age who were then being revived things were pretty much starting new. Besides DC and Marvel I read Tarzan and Turok at Gold Key, the odd Charlton book and I particularly liked Tower's T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents. My sister was reading The Archie books and various books that Harvey put out and Archie put out The Mighty Comics Group more recently called Red Circle, which featured The Crusaders and The Web. Sometimes I read Classics Illustrated books as well. For me it was a fun time, but it really all began in the late 1950's when as a small child I sat on my grandpa's lap and he read the Sunday funnies to me. Today I have a granddaughter of my own and things are not the same today, but I have read stories of Felix the Cat and Garfield and numerous other comic characters to my kids and so it continues.

Digital Comic Museum

Gazelle024 Introduction
« on: May 19, 2015, 02:25:52 PM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Gazelle024 Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 04:04:46 PM »
Hi G,
Welcome to the site!  Lots of things here for you to read including those Archie Mighty Comics heroes as they appeared in the Golden-Age!  Look under MLJ and you will find a ton to read!
I too have a love for those MLJ heroes from the Mighty Crusaders days.

Feel free to jump in on any topic or start a new one.  Have fun!
-Yoc

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: Gazelle024 Introduction
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 01:08:33 AM »
Great, Gazelle!  A lot of those small companies you mentioned from the 60's I wrote about in the 80's for THE COMIC READER, and I still love 'em.  Welcome.