- +

Author Topic: Brian O'Brien D.A.?  (Read 1515 times)

Offline anticopyright

• DCM Member
Brian O'Brien D.A.?
« on: February 09, 2015, 06:01:53 AM »
So, I've been doing a lot of research for a Clock story that I would like to write, and it's pretty widely accepted that Brian O'Brien is a "former district attorney."

However, I've read every story of The Clock available. The only two I haven't been able to find are the ones in Detective Picture Stories #2 and Crack Comics #19. In all of these stories, I have found absolutely NO evidence to back up the claims that he was once a D.A. He was always described as a "playboy," a "socialite," and on one single occasion, a "sports-man."

Can someone tell me if there is something that I've missed here? I've read these stories over and over, and it never once mentions him ever being a D.A. In conversations with captain Kane, current mayors, D.A.s, his father, colleagues, and even when unmasked by criminals, who should recognize a former D.A.

Anyone?

Digital Comic Museum

Brian O'Brien D.A.?
« on: February 09, 2015, 06:01:53 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Brian O'Brien D.A.?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 09:28:59 AM »
Sure sounds like you've done the research.  If you didn't spot it I'm with you that's he's not a DA.

-Yoc

Offline anticopyright

• DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 10:34:35 AM »
Sure sounds like you've done the research.  If you didn't spot it I'm with you that's he's not a DA.

-Yoc

The only thing that keeps me wondering is the Detective Picture Stories #2 story, entitled "Baffled By A Flower." I assume this story to be the first appearance of the Orchid, in which case, there is a possibility that she refers to him as a former D.A.

There has to be a reason that every reference to this character calls him a D.A... I don't see how there could be such a big mix up like this without reason.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 12:56:40 PM »
Oh mistakes spreading are quite common in comics.  Especially artist attributions.

-Yoc

Offline movielover

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 05:03:30 AM »
Little late to the party, but he is not referred to as an ex-D.A. in Crack 19.

Offline Roygbiv666

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Standard Comics
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 08:13:13 PM »
It's likely an error that crept into some article, then everyone afterwards quoted it as correct, and they were, in turn, quoted, etc. etc.

Offline mykey3000

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 06:34:48 PM »
Have you read MASKS the recent Dynamite story? I think he was that kind of role in that story. My research and profile from the Quality Companion also has no reference to that, nor do i remember any. If it had been mentioned, I would have noted it. There were a lot of D.A.s floating around Quality universe and in the Golden Age.