- +

Author Topic: Greetings from New Jersey!  (Read 1352 times)

Offline ZombieDad

• DCM Member
Greetings from New Jersey!
« on: January 05, 2015, 05:28:06 PM »
Happened to stumble on this site of awesomeness quite by accident.  ;D

I've started in on a new hobby of drawing different fonts to make minor things like to do lists and notebooks look a little more interesting while getting my creative juices moving. So, while researching vintage fonts I happened here and fell in love with the art, stories and fonts. There's so much to read and look at, this is definitely being bookmarked under "Time Sinks"!

Not only do I want to be a fan, but also a contributor. Years ago, my father uncovered a pile of newspapers from the 1940's in an attic he was working in. I need to root around and find where they are (moved around to several different places) but I'm sure I've got some great Sunday comics waiting to be scanned in (Katzenjammer Kids, Phantom, etc.) I'll read up more on copyrighted works before I submit them, but I sure would love for you all to see them!

Scott (ZombieDad)

Digital Comic Museum

Greetings from New Jersey!
« on: January 05, 2015, 05:28:06 PM »

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: Greetings from New Jersey!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 08:14:43 PM »
Well we glad you found us and are enjoying the site. There is so much to see and read, so welcome. Join in on the conversations when you feel the need. Thank you for the offer on newspaper comics, I'll let others here to comment on that as we only want to share PD files which you understand.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 10:57:26 PM »
Welcome Scott!
Yeah, those names you mentioned are not in the public domain.  Honestly, strips are a huge problem to check for status and aren't really our main focus.
There are several sites out there that do focus on strips that could be very interested in seeing what you have though.  An excellent site for them is here - http://www.ilovecomixarchive.com/

Offline ZombieDad

• DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 04:49:28 PM »
Welcome Scott!
Yeah, those names you mentioned are not in the public domain.  Honestly, strips are a huge problem to check for status and aren't really our main focus.
There are several sites out there that do focus on strips that could be very interested in seeing what you have though.  An excellent site for them is here - http://www.ilovecomixarchive.com/

I figured at least some of them still had copyrights attached to them (Phantom, for one). Seeing as how I don't have any old comics lying about (where do you find such pulpy bits of joy anyhow?) I'll have to content myself with your current stock. Just don't like being a freeloader (or free-downloader in this case).

Scott

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 05:59:33 PM »
Hi Scott,
Thanks for the thought.  As I mentioned though, there are newspaper strip sites that might well need something you had.  Could be worth a check.
And as for helping DCM - we always appreciate scan donations but also depend on financial donors as well to help cover our overhead.  Any amount is sincerely appreciated.
http://tinyurl.com/3hwb3zz

Enjoy all the goodies!
-Yoc