- +

Author Topic: New Treasure Chest Comics  (Read 2278 times)

Offline comicwanderer

• Repeat donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
New Treasure Chest Comics
« on: September 15, 2014, 09:46:24 PM »
I have just completed my first two uploads to this site (I hope). They are Treasure Chest Volume 4: #2 & #4. I will have more over the next few weeks.

Digital Comic Museum

New Treasure Chest Comics
« on: September 15, 2014, 09:46:24 PM »

Offline Soothsayr

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
Re: New Treasure Chest Comics
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 09:49:33 PM »
Cool! Thanks for the additions.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 06:06:22 PM »
Sorry CW but your uploads didn't make it to us.
Please check the Uploading Tutorial at this link -
http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/forum/index.php/topic,1882.0.html

Thanks!

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 11:22:35 PM »
And please try again CW for sure. I too have few of  the "Treasure Chests" to scan  and upload as time come available to me that I think people will like/enjoy.

Geo
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:30:58 PM by Geo »
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline comicwanderer

• Repeat donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 01:04:36 PM »
Hello

I believe I missed the confirm button on my first try. I have uploaded one file to test. It is in CBZ format not CBR as was the case with my first try. The title is Treasure Chest v04 002. Once I know I got the upload right I will add the rest of Volume 4.

Thanks.

Offline Soothsayr

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 01:07:50 PM »
Do you have a list of what issues you have - like Geo, I do have a few lying around here and there, and I'd love to know what issues not to pick up when I come across them if I know someone else has them.

Thanks in advance!

Offline comicwanderer

• Repeat donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 04:24:42 PM »
I am going to be long winded here, my apologies.

Instead of taking the time to scan from my collection I downloaded all the Treasure Chest JPG files from the Catholic University of America Archives website. I am then cropping the files and cleaning up where possible before creating a CBZ.
After reviewing the University JPG's it was obvious that the comics that had been used were scanned from bound volumes. There were at least 100 comics that had a wide variety of page fold issues that impacted the reading of the comic. Most were for pages 18-19 when it was two-page artwork. I am using my collection to scan the pages with problems and then plan to upload a fully readable CBZ. In the case of Volume 5, I will be scanning all the ones I have as the versions on the Catholic University website are poor quality. The comics in Volume 5 I do not currently have are: 1,2,3,7,15,18,19,20.
There are between 20-25 comics where all I really need to create good quality CBZ is a scan of page 18-19 or other single pages. If I cannot find a copy to scan for the pages needing improvement, I will eventually upload what I have to DCM with notes on what pages need to be upgraded.
If I posted a list of the volume, issue, pages and someone wanted to scan the specific pages, is there a way for them to be sent to me? I would assemble and then upload. I would post my email if that is allowed.
Thanks.

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 02:35:13 AM »
Thanks for your upload CW. I agree a lot of the scans they did are of a poor quality and need to be redone. So take your time with your scans, that will be fine with us here.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 10:11:03 AM »
Hi CW,
Your test upload worked fine.
I can understand your wanting to save work by using scans from the Catholic University of America Archives website but PLEASE, they are very small and low quality.  Could we suggest you scan the entire book in your possession at approx 200dpi or more?
When possible DCM would like to share nice sharp, large images.

Thanks for all your efforts on this,
-Yoc