developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Sparkling Stars #1 is already complete  (Read 1127 times)

Offline blastaar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
Sparkling Stars #1 is already complete
« on: April 23, 2014, 01:18:06 PM »
My scan of JVJ's Sparkling Stars #1 (Holyoke) is listed as missing 2 centerfolds, but I got my own copy today, and I am now 99% sure that the original issue was only 60 pages (+ JVJ's info card).  In looking at it now, all the stories seem to be complete (my copy also has loose pages in the center, so there's the theoretical possibility that something is missing).  I originally posted it as missing pages because GCD has it listed at 68 pages, but their page count + the ifc, ivc, and bc only get the count to 60.  (Issue #2 claims 64 pages on the cover, but #1 is silent on the matter.)

Can somebody double-check me, and then change the filename?

Thanks.

Digital Comic Museum

Sparkling Stars #1 is already complete
« on: April 23, 2014, 01:18:06 PM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Sparkling Stars #1 is already complete
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 08:25:15 PM »
Hi B,
I can change the file name but I don't know how to double check the book beyond what you've already done.  A third firm copy with nothing loose would be definitive.  I suspect you've found the truth though.

I'll change it to 'suspected to be 68pgs by GCD but twice found to be only 60 on DCM.'

Offline blastaar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
Re: Sparkling Stars #1 is already complete
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 05:47:10 AM »
Thanks--I guess I meant "does anyone concur that the stories in this issue appear to be complete?"  With some of these GA comic-book stories, pages could be missing or out of order and still not make any less sense.  :)