developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: KaineZ's uploads  (Read 21696 times)

Offline KaineZ

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
KaineZ's uploads
« on: July 21, 2013, 04:32:22 PM »
Hi guys!  I just registered with the site today and I've got quite a back load of public domain comics to scan for you that don't appear to have already been scanned.

I just uploaded Famous Funnies 46 (minus Buck Rogers).  I've also got the complete issue no. 99 scanned as well that I'll upload after I make sure issue 46 works.  It looks like the issue 99 posted here is only for the Fearless Flint pages.

After that I've still got another 7 or 8 Famous Funnies on hand that have not been scanned, but those will have to wait until next weekend when I return from a business trip.

I've got plenty of horror and scifi that I'll check to see if it needs posting as well, but here lately I've been digging on Famous Funnies so I might stick with that for a while.  My brother has quite a stash that I can dig through for more!

KaineZ

Digital Comic Museum

KaineZ's uploads
« on: July 21, 2013, 04:32:22 PM »

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: KaineZ's uploads
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 05:56:18 PM »
Great, KaineZ!  Looking forward to them.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 07:02:06 PM »
Welcome to the fold KaineZ!   ;D
Your Famous Funnies is now up on the site.  Feel free to upgrade issue 99!

It's always great when a new scanner shows up!
We've got a topic here 'COMICS STILL NEEDED FOR SCANNING' that lists what is missing or incomplete on the site that movielover keeps updated - http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/forum/index.php/topic,4081.0.html  It might help you figure out what is needed for the site a little easier.  But I'd suggest to Always check on the site before starting a new scan.

Btw, if you find yourself looking at a scan and you know your copy is in better shape or superior printing don't hesitate to do a new scan.  We have no rules against alternate or different versions of the same book.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me or use the Contact Us link and I can get back to you.

Good luck with the scanning!
-Yoc
Admin, DCM

Offline KaineZ

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 07:39:31 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!  I'll be posing #99 in a few minutes.  Next weekend I have the following issues of Famous Funnies to work on (or which ever pages are needed from them): 66, 121, 128, 139, 151, 156 and 176.

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 11:46:42 PM »
Thank you KZ, it is now up.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline KaineZ

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 05:38:55 PM »
Just uploaded Famous Funnies #121 from Aug 1944.

Scanned at 150dpi, saved at 10/12 quality in Photoshop.  Apparently this issue is one of the first comics (maybe the first?) to show a parachute on the cover.  Cover date is August 1944.

Features in this issue include (except Buck Rogers):
Invisible Scarlet O'Neil
Napoleon
Scorchy Smith
Butch and Algy
Mescal Ike
Highlights of History
Dickie Dare
Big Chief Wahoo
Olly of the Movies
Jitter
Oaky Doaks

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 06:08:06 PM »
Thanks very much K!
Going up now.  :)

Offline tilliban

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
    • FIFTIES HORROR!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 11:45:39 AM »
Jeez!
You got "plenty of horror"??!
My heart missed a beat there.
I'm a hunter-gatherer-scanner of missing pre-code horror.
Sounds like a big relief for my purse...
It would be fabulous if you could make a list of your horror books - so I can concentrate on (still) missing issues!
Pre-code horror aficionado and propagator of ACE comic books.
I run a number of websites about pre-code horror. Please follow the links.

Offline KaineZ

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 01:00:44 PM »
Looks like most of the horror books I have are already scanned.  Everything I have on tap for the next little while will be Famous Funnies and related like Big Chief Wahoo, Buz Sawyer, Steve Roper and a little scifi.  I didn't do an exhaustive search though so there could be some horror that I have.  Admittedly though virtually everything is EC so there wouldn't be much I could post anyway.

Offline KaineZ

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 01:02:30 PM »
Forgot to mention that I am grabbing some stuff from auction sites so if you want me to look at horror let me know what we need.  If the covers are interesting then I'll consider picking up some  >:D

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 06:55:30 PM »
Will do!
You might want to post on the eBay pointers topic.  I'd hate to see you in a bidding war with freddyfly or rangerhouse for a book.

-Yoc

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 06:58:41 PM »
Looks like most of the horror books I have are already scanned.  Everything I have on tap for the next little while will be Famous Funnies and related like Big Chief Wahoo, Buz Sawyer, Steve Roper and a little scifi.

Hi K,
There's no rule against more than one scan per a book.  If your copy is better than ours Please Do scan it someday.

-Yoc

Offline KaineZ

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 07:32:54 PM »
I've already found some that I want to rescan so that's already a consideration for me.  Right now I'm using ComicConnect for comic auctions.  You can make counter offers on everything there (unlike eBay) and they have a MUCH wider selection of comics in various conditions depending on what you can afford.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 09:13:34 PM »
Interesting.
I know freddyfly recommends Metropolis because they have a reasonable return policy when he's found books purchased were missing pages or more pages than advertised.

Offline KaineZ

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2013, 10:24:29 PM »
I just looked at Metropolis.  Nice looking site and their selection looks comparable to the variety I found on ComicConnect.  I'll compare the two next time I go to buy.

Speaking of missing pages....I just finished scanning Famous Funnies #66 tonight and noticed it had 2 pages torn out.  They just happen to be the Buck Rogers pages so for the purposes here no big loss I guess....