- +

Author Topic: Comics uploaded by Wisc Pack Rat  (Read 6005 times)

Offline WiscPackRat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Comics uploaded by Wisc Pack Rat
« on: November 18, 2012, 03:00:14 PM »
I've enjoyed so much here that I wanted to add to the selection. I looked around for something to send in that wasn't already there and found a couple of late 40's comic books. So I managed to scan and upload two issues of TREASURE CHEST -- Volume 4, numbers 1 and 20. Hope you people find them interesting.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:23:47 PM by WiscPackRat »

Digital Comic Museum

Comics uploaded by Wisc Pack Rat
« on: November 18, 2012, 03:00:14 PM »

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: A couple of issues of TREASURE CHEST uploaded
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 06:34:07 PM »
They are now available for downloading to your computers folks.
Thanks WPR.

Geo
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:00:05 PM by Geo »
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: A couple of issues of TREASURE CHEST uploaded
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 06:53:53 PM »
Thanks very much WPR!

Offline WiscPackRat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: Comics uploaded by Wisc Pack Rat
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 11:56:48 AM »
Here's another comic -- MISS CURITY COMIC BOOK -- a 1953 promo comic. I placed it in the "unsorted files" box, because I am not sure where it should be placed. Enjoy.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »
I shifted it to Small Publisher/Misc Fun section.

Thanks very much WPR!
:)

Offline WiscPackRat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 10:28:30 AM »
Well, pardners, I done rounded up a passel of western comics for yaa'l to take a gander at. Lots of ridin' and ropin' and rescuin' of poor fillies in dire distress!

Avon's WILD BILL HICKOK #18 is a book that the DCM has had the IW reprint of posted for 3 1/2 years, but here is the original version. It's got the ads, text story and statement of ownership for the book as it first appeared.

Fox's COLOSSAL FEATURES MAGAZINE #33 was the first issue with that title, as it was a continuation of their romance book, I LOVED. In this issue is an adaptation of a Columbia Pictures serial.

Ziff-Davis' KID COWBOY #10 is missing a 4 page centerfold, but there is still a lot there. It has an interesting history... This book had three Kid Cowboy stories and a Singing Cowboy tale. In 1957, a little outfit called Red Top took two of the Kid Cowboy and the Singing Cowboy story and combined them with a George Tuska Gay Desperado story from and old Chesler book to put out WILD WESTERN TALES #1. That Red Top book was then reissued by IW comics as their WILD WESTERN TALES #1.

Hope you folks find these submissions interesting!

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 11:21:07 AM »
Very Nice!!
Wow, that's a nice selection.  I just added a note in each that they were your scans and edits.
Thanks for add any those interesting notes about each into the description area for each as well.  Nice to know some of the background details there like you've shared here.

I just added they were your scans and edits to each for those that keep track like me.

I see you uploaded Kid Cowboy three times.  Note, if you want to edit something you wrote but NOT change the actual file you uploaded you can go into your USER_CP section of the download site (the link is over the banner) and go into Unapproved Files (if it's not yet on the site, APPROVED FILES if is), find the book you want to edit and to the far right will be an EDIT link.  It's in there you can change anything written or add 'screen shots' if you forgot them.  It saves you having to reupload the entire book unless you wanted to change that as well.  The options are all there.

Thanks again for the nice uploads!
-Yoc

Offline WiscPackRat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 12:03:39 PM »

I see you uploaded Kid Cowboy three times.  Note, if you want to edit something you wrote but NOT change the actual file you uploaded you can go into your USER_CP section of the download site (the link is over the banner) and go into Unapproved Files (if it's not yet on the site, APPROVED FILES if is), find the book you want to edit and to the far right will be an EDIT link.  It's in there you can change anything written or add 'screen shots' if you forgot them.  It saves you having to reupload the entire book unless you wanted to change that as well.  The options are all there.

Thanks again for the nice uploads!
-Yoc

I did??? Hmmm... when i tried to upload, I kept getting no response after waiting a while. I never got the "confirm" page. So I would wait a while and try again. Guess I still don't have the hang of this quite yet...

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 03:21:19 PM »
Hmm.  You must have hit confirm for them to appear on my end Jerry.  Have you read our Uploading FAQ topic?
http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/forum/index.php/topic,1882.0.html
Depending on the file size, your net speed connection and traffic it can take a while to upload.
If you are able, I can tell you how to upload to the DCM ftp if that's better for you.

Let me know,
-Yoc

Offline tilliban

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
    • FIFTIES HORROR!
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 09:06:19 AM »
Glad to have you aboard, PackRat.
And PackRat is a great scanner name...
 ;D
Pre-code horror aficionado and propagator of ACE comic books.
I run a number of websites about pre-code horror. Please follow the links.

Offline WiscPackRat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 11:27:11 AM »
Hmmm. I tried to upload, and the connection is not co-operating... I fill in the upload screen, hit "preview" and the computer sits for 15 minutes before I give up and back out.

Now I tried again to upload LITTLE MAX COMICS #40, 1956 and go through that again, leave the upload screen and see th confirm screen. I click on "confirm." Then after a wait I see...

"Error: failed to copy /home/gac/public_html//temp/887491cfdc49f9bedbbcb41b9f7631b8.rwd to /home/gac/public_html/downloads//887491cfdc49f9bedbbcb41b9f7631b8.rwd_1...
 . If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

Error: Could not remove file: /home/gac/public_html//temp/887491cfdc49f9bedbbcb41b9f7631b8.rwd to /home/gac/public_html/downloads//887491cfdc49f9bedbbcb41b9f7631b8.rwd_1. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin"

Phooey... did it load or didn't it??

Offline WiscPackRat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 11:56:25 AM »
Hmm.  You must have hit confirm for them to appear on my end Jerry.  Have you read our Uploading FAQ topic?
http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/forum/index.php/topic,1882.0.html
Depending on the file size, your net speed connection and traffic it can take a while to upload.
If you are able, I can tell you how to upload to the DCM ftp if that's better for you.

Let me know,
-Yoc

I did read the Uploading FAQ page. If not, I would not have gotten this far!

Well, since the normal upload path is giving me such trouble (and I do have a good net speed connection) maybe I should try the FTP thing you mentioned. I just need clear, precise directions to know what to do.

Example: "1) sit down in front of computer. 2) turn chair so you are facing computer. 3) make sure computer is turned on..."

Offline WiscPackRat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 01:41:27 PM »
I checked my User CP, and under "unapproved" I found the copy of LITTLE MAX COMICS #40 did go through... twice! Once at 1:15PM, once at 1:16PM. Well, that's confusing. I know that when I went through the procedure, once I didn't get a "confirm" page and the other time I got those error messages... wish I could figure why I am getting so much trouble on these uploads. I'll keep trying, but it's discouraging.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 02:03:36 PM »
Hi Jerry,
If you see any waiting in the 'Unapproved' area that just means they haven't been checked and approved by the Staff.  It doesn't mean you have done anything wrong.  If it's there it's likely fine.
But if you see one with a file size of 'B' that means the upload didn't work and usually the file name had a character in it like anapostrophe that buggers uploads.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 02:06:48 PM »
Max is now up.
Thanks again Jerry!
:)