developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: JVJ  (Read 1359 times)

Offline vaillant

• VIP
  • DCM Member
JVJ
« on: March 16, 2012, 02:15:49 PM »
I’ve just received a few back issues of The Jack Kirby collectors, including the book-conceived #58 special "Lee & Kirby: The wonder years" by Mark Alexander, and browsing the afterword to this, I read "Individuals like Tom Lammers, Dr. Vassallo and Jim Vadeboncoeur have more insight into the chronology of Timley/Atlas events than the people who lived them".

I’m very grateful to have Jim there… :)
Now I definitely have to move my a**, clean up my Kirby interview audio, find the photos to scan, and contact John Morrow to see if he still likes the idea of reprinting it in a new, re-transcribed version. This could also be a nice opportunity to gather recollections on the impact Kirby’s Marvel silver age work had here in Italy.

Digital Comic Museum

JVJ
« on: March 16, 2012, 02:15:49 PM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: JVJ
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 11:28:09 PM »
Jim is mentioned as a contributor in many issues of Alter-Ego magazine as well.
:)

Offline vaillant

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 09:59:18 AM »
Oh, I’m sure he contributed a million things, but that mention is particularly significant. :)
Gosh, browsing the book and a few issues of Jack Kirby collector I always feel like I am in the presence of Jack.
I spent a single afternoon in his home but he has the gift to make you feel at home, even if you were a stranger.
Well, of course being me a fan which traveled from Italy pleased him, but that’s not the point. Jack was a small giant. :)

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 11:34:41 AM »
Yep.  I'd be shocked if TwoMorrows wasn't interested in doing something with your interview.

Offline vaillant

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 04:09:45 PM »
Well, as I told you it has already been published in english (on Comics Interview #121), but it has been in 1993, and David Anthony Kraft used my original transcription. I think it can be done better now and that the Jack Kirby Collector is it's the home it deserves. Let’s see… :)