- +

Author Topic: Cool blog alert - Days of Adventure!  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Cool blog alert - Days of Adventure!
« on: December 04, 2011, 01:48:38 PM »
Hi Gang,
Just found this one and thought 'what a cool idea!'
"Days of Adventure - A day-by-day, issue-by-issue retrospective of Adventure Comics - One of the greatest comic books of all time!"

Check it out!
http://adventurecomicsblog.blogspot.com/

-Yoc

Digital Comic Museum

Cool blog alert - Days of Adventure!
« on: December 04, 2011, 01:48:38 PM »

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: Cool blog alter - Days of Adventure!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 02:40:31 AM »
I'm enjoying it, although for some reason I can't comment there.  Adventure is one of my favorite DC titles, even if my collection is pretty much isolated issues until around issue #247 and spotty until #290.

I imagine it's going to get a bit repetitive in the 103-246 range, though.  With 8 exceptions that whole run seems to be "pick about a dozen issues and you've read 90% of what's there".

Offline Booksteve

• DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 11:44:49 PM »
Glad you guys like the idea. And yes, it will inevitably get repetitive for me writing it daily and you guys reading it daily...but after the fact, when it's done and people look back through it at random or at specific issues it can be fun discovering what was there.

Thanks,
Booksteve

Offline Booksteve

• DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 11:50:15 PM »
Oh, and I have no idea why you can't comment. I have all my blogs set up pretty open. And yet this issue has popped up for certain folks on others, too, particularly my Wally Wood blog.

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 03:14:23 AM »
I have the same problem on Thom's Whirled of Kelly blog; and that's one where I regularly supply stuff to be posted!  For some reason I don't have the issue on Thom's other blogs, either...

Since I know you're reading here, I'll thank you here for the blog.  Adventure really is a great book, even if it gets repetitive in the 103-246 range (other than those 8 Frazetta issues.  Now if I could just find affordable copies of the two I'm missing...)

I find it interesting just how much the book picks up around 247, and it's not just- or even mostly- the Legion.  You have Kirby Green Arrow, team ups of Superboy/Robin and Superboy/Green Arrow, Green Arrow origin, Aquaman origin, all within 14 months.  It's really a key part of where the Silver Age starts to kick into gear; Showcase was just one somewhat scattered title but here's where some of those ideas started really picking up speed.

Offline jfglade

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 02:02:43 AM »
Glad you guys like the idea. And yes, it will inevitably get repetitive for me writing it daily and you guys reading it daily...but after the fact, when it's done and people look back through it at random or at specific issues it can be fun discovering what was there.

Thanks,
Booksteve

I've been enjoying both "Days of Adventure" and "Four Color Shadows." I generally catch up on both two to three times a week. Not that Days of Adventure has come to the point where the radical line up changes will start being displayed as they came, I'm excited about seeing your take on the progress of the change. I have to agree that it will be a handy reference and it will be nice looking back through past periods or character runs.

Offline paw broon

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 10:53:34 AM »
Thanks for the link.  What a good blog and Four Color Shadows is a great find. 
Stephen Montgomery