- +

Author Topic: Latest Uploaded Comics "See More" Link error  (Read 3564 times)

Offline bat1

• DCM Member
Latest Uploaded Comics "See More" Link error
« on: October 20, 2011, 03:49:17 PM »
Hello, I just went to view the Latest Uploads and when I clicked the link, it loaded with this error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function GETLANG() in /home/gac/public_html/functions/rwd_functions.php on line 395".  Only one comic was listed, which was "Captain Marvel Jr. 053 (colour+b&w reprint)-37pgs". Any ideas? Just bringing it to admin attention. Thanks

Digital Comic Museum

Latest Uploaded Comics "See More" Link error
« on: October 20, 2011, 03:49:17 PM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Latest Uploaded Comics "See More" Link error
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 04:03:41 PM »
Hi Bat,
Yes, we know about the error and it cannot be fixed.  All the scans on the site are just fine it's only the 'Latest Uploads' function is broken.  Our appologies.  Thankfully the last four issues are still showing on the home page of the download site and almost all the uploads done previously have been '-fix' files most longtime members already have gotten.

-Yoc

Offline Alessandro Bottero

• DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 04:03:56 AM »
so, just to know what the future will hold for us, does this mean the "latest upload comics" function is useless and it will remain for some time?

i hope no, but should the problem go on, how could one know which comics was uploaded, apart the four showed in the homepage-box?

Offline John C

• Administrators
  • DCM Member
    • John's Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 04:49:01 AM »
Between Yoc, Geo, and the scanners, I'm pretty sure every book posted is mentioned in the forums.

• DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 05:52:15 AM »
ok. what i meant is: let's say i am away from the site for a week (just as an example).
or
-more than 4 books are uploaded in a single session by some scanner (it happens a lot lately)

how could i know which books were uploaded?
previously i look at thelatest uploaded comics section, and i knew it.
 now?
should i check the forum?
would it not better to post a "day by day" uploading update like......
topic's title: 10-21-11 uploads, and the list of the comics uploaded?

this way i could search the comics day-by-day, and even if i can't check the site daily i can follow the "upload flow"

Offline talia374

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 06:19:01 AM »
I agree with Alessandro, a file with uploads and the date would be of great benefit to everyone.

I already can't determine all of the books available on the site and at least was assured of being current with new comics while continuing the search for previously loaded.

I have identified about 10,750 comics thus far and would share that listing, if a page were available to do so. Then daily uploads could be added to keep the list as comprehensive as possible.
Others could fill in the 1000 or so missed comics from their knowledge of them.

Just a thought....As always, "What A Great Site".

Offline movielover

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 06:20:49 AM »
You can always check the DCM facebook page. It has the latest uploaded by day along with the cover.

Offline talia374

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 06:26:51 AM »
A terrific suggestion movielover!!!  THANKS!!!!  

I do hope that the person(s) who maintain the Facebook site, don't also rely on the now non-working link to the last 300 uploaded comics.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:52:26 AM by talia374 »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 09:48:35 AM »
Movielover's suggestion is the best we can do for now gang.  Fixing the problem is beyond my powers.

-Yoc

Offline movielover

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 12:43:02 PM »
The latest upload link seems to work with anything uploaded after Captain Marvel Jr. 053 because the two fixes show up.

Offline talia374

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 05:31:02 PM »
I just saw the 2 fixes as well. Perhaps the feature isn't as broken as previously thought.      (Wishful thinking?)

Offline cooperway4

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 07:51:25 PM »
I vote it's the Ampersand in the title that's causing the problem [Captain Marvel Jr. 053 (colour+b&w reprint)-37pgs]. The error I get says : Call to undefined function GETLANG(). I'm guessing that's GetLanguage and it's being called, so somewhere there's something in the CMJ #53 that is calling the undefined function. I bet if CMJ #53 is removed, the problem will go away and then can be readded.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 07:53:34 PM »
The link isn't completely broken but all previous uploads will no longer show up on the list.
All future uploads will show though.  I've asked CaptDJ to look into possibly removing the bad listing to correct the problem but I don't know if it's possible or if he is available to try.
Again, my apologies for making a mess of things.

• DCM Member
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 04:01:08 AM »
from what i can speculate, it's almost as the Latest upload comics "box" (i mean the "place" where we can see the new upload in a row, instead to search them all over the site) found itself "cleaned", and it is filling itself with new uploading.
just to be more clear it's if the Latest upload comics START it's exsistence with captain marvel jr. 53 (an issue which will stay in the DCM history as "The Infamous Blue Boy Book!" (The IBBB for short)
it seems as the latest upload AFTER the IBBB are shown as before (before the IBBB Crisis)

since i collect all the uploading in separate folders with a month-by-month base, i could be able to tell WHAT was uploaded BEFORE the IBBB Crisis, in the past two week, since i've all the uploading in "OCTOBER 2011 UPLOAD" folder (fixed and non-fixed books). If anyone need to know just send me a PM.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 08:54:32 AM »
Gang,
It's a database error.  By my uploading the CMjr 53 scan to the wrong place on the site the first time around I created a bad entry.  The software get stuck trying to read the entry so it's not finding anything we've uploaded before that entry.  Hopefully CaptDJ can remove the bad entry and everything can return to normal.
Capt is aware of the problem.  That's as much as we can do for now.
Our Facebook page has been showing all the latest uploads on a daily basis since it started, members can check there for now.

-Yoc