- +

Author Topic: Comics UK  (Read 2652 times)

Offline paw broon

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Comics UK
« on: October 13, 2011, 12:53:56 PM »
After lots of problems, Comics UK is slowly getting itself back together:-

http://www.comicsuk.co.uk/index.php

Lots of British covers of comics, annuals and specials.  Comics, but not as you know them.
Stephen Montgomery

Digital Comic Museum

Comics UK
« on: October 13, 2011, 12:53:56 PM »

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: Comics UK
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 02:20:45 PM »
What!! No SpaceShip Away covers?

Nice site by the way.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline paw broon

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 10:42:54 AM »
You know your stuff!
Stephen Montgomery

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 02:43:57 AM »
Quick question:  does anybody know of websites for any UK stores that have decent selections of books from the 70's- 80's that ship to the US?  I know of Silver Acre, but they only have some of the stuff I'm looking for.

Offline paw broon

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 08:12:15 AM »
Try:-
http://www.thirtiethcentury.free-online.co.uk/
And:-
http://www.qscomics.com/
And:-
http://www.citycentrecomics.com/
City Centre Comics is local to me and Chris is a friend but the site is having a few problems and I don't think he has his back issue lists up yet, so you might want to email him.
Quicksilver are not too expensive but condition might be a problem with the odd title.

Only my opinion but Silver Acre can be very dear and I don't use them.

Good luck
Stephen Montgomery

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 03:55:26 PM »
It's possibly a perspective thing.  What's common and cheap in the UK can be very tricky to find in the US still, and I presume to some degree vice versa.  Silver Acre also has free shipping to the US with a certain size order, and that can make a HUGE difference.

Still, I'll look at the other shops quite happily.  Thank you for the links.

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 06:56:28 PM »
Just taking a quick look 30th century has one of the largest IW/Super collection that I have seen for sale. If I get a chance I will see if they have any of the unk reprints they have them all listed. If anyone else gets a chance maybe one of our UK group could go buy some unscanned they have some good prices. They have pretty good price on three Mysterious Stories by Premier that we need if any of you have a few bucks to get these and scan them.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:14:12 PM by narfstar »

Offline Alessandro Bottero

• DCM Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 09:15:40 AM »
there's something i don't understand.  are the comic books listed in this site PD, or not?

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 06:57:40 PM »
Comics on the site are PD. UK has different copyright rules so UK books may have a more difficult time falling into pd

Offline paw broon

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 10:47:02 AM »
"Just taking a quick look 30th century has one of the largest IW/Super collection that I have seen for sale. If I get a chance I will see if they have any of the unk reprints they have them all listed. If anyone else gets a chance maybe one of our UK group could go buy some unscanned they have some good prices. They have pretty good price on three Mysterious Stories by Premier that we need if any of you have a few bucks to get these and scan them."  narfstar.

I should mention that 30th. Century don't update their lists often and anything you see on there could well be gone.  It needs a call or email to see what is really there but the guys are very helpful.  Because the next London mart appears to have vanished off the list, I wont be there for some months - Olympics, Jubillee will put prices sky high and hotel rooms almost impossible to find.
Stephen Montgomery