- +

Author Topic: GCD question  (Read 1450 times)

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
GCD question
« on: August 01, 2010, 01:07:17 AM »
What do I do if I think a cover on the GCD isn't authentic?

Specifically, this one:

http://www.comics.org/issue/28072/cover/4/?style=default

For reasons known only to Marvel 35 years ago, that issue came out with a date of "1975" on the cover of every copy I've seen or been able to find online.  But for some reason, when Marvel reprints the cover they put it out with a "May" cover date.  Which actually makes more sense; this was the only Giant-Size issue with new material that had a year rather than a month on the cover.  So, the GCD cover is probably from a reprinting of the cover elsewhere.

The things I wonder about when I'm not feeling well...

Digital Comic Museum

GCD question
« on: August 01, 2010, 01:07:17 AM »

jrvandore

Re: GCD question
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 06:04:47 AM »
There is a link on every page to tell the GCD when you think something is in error, see "let us know" at the bottom of the page you linked.  You have to have an (error) account to report an error.

There are also at least 4 or 5 GCDers around here, and one of us will do something about it.

In this particular case, the easiest thing is to find a good scan of a real copy and replace the existing scan.  For that you need an (indexer/cover uploader) account.

jrvandore

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 06:15:29 AM »
Oh, and as for this particular error, I just uploaded a replacement.  Thanks, Eric, for pointing it out.

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 11:20:59 AM »
OK, I'll know next time.  And thank you for correcting that.