developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Hi from a (G)olden Crazy Canuck  (Read 2246 times)

Offline halldr

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Hi from a (G)olden Crazy Canuck
« on: July 11, 2010, 10:39:55 PM »
Wow, I am impressed.  Have spent so much time browsing through titles that I almost forgot to post here.  I  only discovered the joys of digital collecting about a month ago.  I had my whole collection go up in smoke thanks to an arsonist about two years ago and lost my collecting urge.  At 60 with fixed income it was impossible to start up collecting again and then digital comics come along, and like wow, had to buy a bigger drive.  As a result I will probably not have much in the way of upoads so in advance I offer up my thanks to all the scanners and posters of these gems, I promise to take good care of them!

Digital Comic Museum

Hi from a (G)olden Crazy Canuck
« on: July 11, 2010, 10:39:55 PM »

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: Hi from a (G)olden Crazy Canuck
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 01:05:18 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words. I'm sure our uploaders and scanners appreciate it for all the work they do. Anyway welcome aboard and enjoy the site, chime in on the conversations that are posted or make one yourself.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Online Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Hi from a (G)olden Crazy Canuck
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:19:16 PM »
As a fellow Canuck I too welcome you to the site H.
You're sad story isn't unique.  I've heard several lose their collection to fire, flooding, theft and it's not easy to try and replace them with costs, etc.  But digital editions of PD books make perfect sense and take up almost no room at all.
Just keep an old musty book around for when you read something on the PC and it'll 'almost' feel like the old days.
;)

Enjoy all the goodies!
-Yoc