developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Welcome to the DCM  (Read 80934 times)

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: Welcome to the DCM
« Reply #225 on: January 12, 2013, 08:09:23 PM »
Welcome Pulse, please enjoy the site and join in when you feel the need.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #225 on: January 12, 2013, 08:09:23 PM »

Offline PulseOximetry

• DCM Member
« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2013, 04:13:44 AM »
Thanks, narfstar and Geo.

I'll find an appropriate avatar and start posting a bit after I find my way around.

Offline sumitray

• DCM Member
« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2013, 01:34:11 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am Sumit from New Delhi, India.

It is super exciting to have finally created an account here. A few times that I tried in the past some bug prevented me from doing so.

The DCM should be fantastic for out-of-print and rare books. I consider myself a student of comics and I hope I can use a lot of what I see here in my own understanding of the medium.

Fingers crossed, I can participate meaningfully in the discussions here.

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2013, 08:36:24 AM »
Welcome aboard Sumit and enjoy the many goodies here. You may want to jump over to CB+ and check out the Hindi comics we have there.

http://comicbookplus.com/?cid=1514

Offline JVJ (RIP)

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
  • paix
    • ImageS Magazine
« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2013, 01:34:58 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am Sumit from New Delhi, India.

It is super exciting to have finally created an account here. A few times that I tried in the past some bug prevented me from doing so.

The DCM should be fantastic for out-of-print and rare books. I consider myself a student of comics and I hope I can use a lot of what I see here in my own understanding of the medium.

Fingers crossed, I can participate meaningfully in the discussions here.
We hope you can find out interesting things about American culture of the years before 1960, Sumit. We would not presume to think that whatever small selection of material any of us might have acquired from the Indian sub-continent would in any way be representative. It is only through the combined efforts of hundreds of us, over many years, that sites like DCM and CB+ can cumulatively have a claim of representing the entire cultural picture. We have the many copyrighted blindspots, of course, but there is much to be gleaned from the Public Domain material that shapes them. And we have an amazing array of knowledgeable folks who help "fill in the blanks".

Welcome to the Museum.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
Peace, Jim (|:{>

JVJ Publishing and VW inc.

Offline Dariodevil

• DCM Member
« Reply #230 on: January 22, 2013, 03:08:08 AM »
Hi there.

Long time comics nerd.  Hope to maybe upload something of value someday.

See you around.

Offline sumitray

• DCM Member
« Reply #231 on: January 22, 2013, 05:06:55 AM »
Jim and Narfstar, thank you both for your warm welcome. The CB+ tip is much appreciated.

Jim, the corpus of public domain comics in India will be meagre to begin with, unfortunately. There are not many preserved/documented works before 1953 (60 year copyright rule). Before that one would have magazines like local versions of the Punch magazine (yes, like Awadh Punch) which carried cartoons, but are mostly lost to us, or translations of foreign comics. In fact mainstream pan-India comics start with translated reprints of Disney and Phantom comics. Apart from that there are regional-language comics, which in a multi-lingual country, make collection and documentation even more difficult. Alas, we are a long way away from getting all the knowledge together. But, let us not stop trying :-)

Offline wooden5500

• DCM Member
« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2013, 12:21:27 AM »
Hello to all comic fans,

What a cool site! I've been collecting comics for more than 4 decades. I plan on becoming a regular. ^-^

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #233 on: April 10, 2013, 11:25:21 AM »
Good for you W55, please enjoy the site and all we here have to offer and welcome aboard.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #234 on: April 10, 2013, 12:10:08 PM »
Welcome W!
If you have anything not on the site or that would be an upgrade please think about scanning them or letting one of us do so.  We're always trying to add to the collection here.

Meanwhile enjoy the scans!  There's lots to read.
:)

Offline Monkeymanbob

• DCM Member
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2013, 04:52:11 AM »
Hello to all.

Found my way here via Comic Kingdom.

Very much into comics for most of my 40 years, though gave it a miss in the 90's after it seemed that each month was the same old same old with the art progressively getting worse.
Since the internet has opened up a whole new world of comics I have began an interest in pre-sixties comics and have been collecting some of the EC Archives (which now seemed to have stopped *sniff*).

Look forward to being an active member and learning some stuff from you guys as I know little about the era (do own some Bulletman/Ironjaw reprints).

If anyone has any recommendations then let me know, I'm not tied to any one particular genre.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2013, 10:35:46 AM »
Welcome Monkey!
I believe I heard the colour EC Archives might be making a return under a new publisher but I don't know when.

If you are a horror fan we have a 'precode horror index' which might be helpful for finding books from 'the other guys' that really could be nasty stuff.
http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/forum/index.php/topic,3151.0.html

Offline volteszee

• DCM Member
  • Voltes Zee
« Reply #237 on: December 05, 2013, 07:29:21 PM »
hi DCM and hello to everyone! newbie here from the Philippines. i'm so happy to have found this forum. cheers to all the mods and people behind this site. keep up the good work guys :)

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #238 on: December 06, 2013, 09:49:34 AM »
Welcome V.
Enjoy all the scans!

I'm going to have to remove your link to that commercial site in your profile.  Please understand we don't allow any kind of such links on the site or in profiles.

-Staff

Offline Kooblekidz

• DCM Member
« Reply #239 on: January 10, 2014, 08:09:20 AM »
Psyched!  Blew work off today, it's snowing, I'll be reading some comix!