developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Heritage Auction Problem  (Read 834 times)

Offline Crimson-Blue-Green

• VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Sensational Idols
Heritage Auction Problem
« on: June 10, 2024, 05:24:16 PM »
I recently noticed that after logging in to HA that I click on a scan of a comic cover or movie poster to see it larger, and the page is blank.  I can't see it so I can't save the scan on my computer.  Is anyone else experiencing this? 
My Japanese idol music website: http://sensational-idols.weebly.com/

Digital Comic Museum

Heritage Auction Problem
« on: June 10, 2024, 05:24:16 PM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Heritage Auction Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2024, 10:21:22 AM »
I just tried it and it worked fine for me.
Perhaps try it on a different browser?

Offline Robb_K

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • Barks/Gottfriedson/Hultgren Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2024, 10:30:36 AM »
I recently noticed that after logging in to HA that I click on a scan of a comic cover or movie poster to see it larger, and the page is blank.  I can't see it so I can't save the scan on my computer.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes.  The same thing is happening to me.  Before this change, after being signed in, the sharper images became available, and when I press the link reading "save this image" I would sometimes get an "lf" image code, and sometimes I'd get a "11600" code.  Both would result in a reasonably high resolution image.  Now, lf code images still produce the image; but 11600 coded images result in just blank images (no image).  I thought it was because Heritage moved to be compatible with a newer version of my browser (which I can't do  (because my computer is 15 years old) and I am 2 generations past being able to operate on each new system update employed by the various browsers.  But, if other people are experience this, maybe my guess about the problem is wrong. 
https://i.ibb.co/G3x88Lr/Donald75.jpg

Offline Crimson-Blue-Green

• VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Sensational Idols
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2024, 11:23:24 PM »
I just tried it and it worked fine for me.
Perhaps try it on a different browser?

I tried Torch and Microsoft Edge and neither allowed me to save a photo.  If Robb K. can't save a photo either then something must be up with HA.  Or maybe we're just unlucky? 
My Japanese idol music website: http://sensational-idols.weebly.com/

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2024, 08:42:46 AM »
*shrug*
It's fine for me on this old laptop running Win 8.1 and using both Brave and Firefox browsers.
I can login.  I click the magnifying icon to see a larger version.  I right click  on the image and save-as for saving.

-Yoc