- +

Author Topic: Atlas Comics returns  (Read 4877 times)

Offline RKB

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: Atlas Comics returns
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 02:59:51 PM »
I got them all with the exception of the mags and Vicki. I posted a series on my blog about them and wanted to see how the stories turned out/ how the third issue switch affected the titles I hadn't completed so I filled in the issues I was missing.. Planet of Vampires might have started of to ape Omega Man/I am Legend but by the time the third issue switch rolled around you have a planet with vampire spiders/vampire people/ and who knows what other kind of vampire creatures they had planed. I think it went pretty far from the source by the time it ended with issue 3. My personal favorites are Targitt (before the switch/new direction really hit with issue 3), Brute (Michael Fleisher written issues) Steve Ditko's work on Destructor, and Morlock 2001. Grim Ghost was a good title plenty of potential and Phoenix was one of the few Atlas titles that the third issue switch/new direction actually made even more interesting. Atlas/Seaboard stood out to me because it pushed the limit of what you could do in comics father than either Marvel or DC did back then, I don't know if the new relaunch will carry on in the same vein but I'm looking forward to giving it a shot.

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 02:59:51 PM »

Offline JVJ (RIP)

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
  • paix
    • ImageS Magazine
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 05:32:38 PM »
I got them all with the exception of the mags and Vicki. I posted a series on my blog about them
I've got the following mags, RKB,
should anyone ever need the info:
Devilina #1,2
Gothic Romances #1
Movie Monsters #1-3
Thrilling Adventure Stories #1,2
Weird Tales of the Macabre #1,2

Peace, Jim (|:{>

JVJ Publishing and VW inc.

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 05:39:51 PM »
The mags have always been harder to come by. I have been able to find the comics anytime I needed them except Vicki, but have not seen the mags often especially the romance.

Offline JVJ (RIP)

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
  • paix
    • ImageS Magazine
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 06:11:30 PM »
I guess you just had to be there when they hit the stands, Narf.

Since this was posted awhile ago and on GAC, perhaps I can share this my one and only Martin Goodman story again:
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1500.msg15660.html#msg15660

Department of missed opportunities.

JVJ Publishing and VW inc.

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: Atlas/Seaboard Revival
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 08:19:02 AM »
Just read that Ardden Entertainment's Editor-In-Chief J.M. DeMatteis is leaving the company due to "creative differences" over the Atlas revival.  I also saw that "Wulf The Barbarian" is part of the revival (in addition to Grim Ghost & Phoenix).

Offline GeneYas

• DCM Member
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 08:48:55 PM »
I got them all with the exception of the mags and Vicki. I posted a series on my blog about them
I've got the following mags, RKB,
should anyone ever need the info:
Devilina #1,2
Gothic Romances #1
Movie Monsters #1-3
Thrilling Adventure Stories #1,2
Weird Tales of the Macabre #1,2

??? Gothic Romances #1 is a tough one to find! My Secret is supposedly the rarest. Neither are comics though.

Gene