developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: John C's Free Culture Book Club  (Read 672 times)

Offline John C

• Administrators
  • DCM Member
    • John's Blog
John C's Free Culture Book Club
« on: June 15, 2020, 05:11:42 AM »
I mentioned back on the site anniversary that I've been blogging, with Saturday-morning posts being some light analysis of "Free Culture" fiction, sort of like a book club, around works under a license that allows re-use/modification for any purpose.  It's similar to the public domain material here, but is more recent and may require creator credit and/or sharing your work under the same license, basically, along the lines of Free/Open Source Software.

The entire run of the "book club" posts end up on this page, with the weird fantasy comic I dug through being Seeds, in part one, part two, and part three.  I'm not sure there's anything that qualifies as a "typical page," but something like this might give an idea of what you're getting into, here.

https://floraverse.com/filestore/c0e/1fa/c0e1fa9673a1428c73c0ead1733b41c31cb16f02f7df06d1fed888d1d748e35f.png

The comic and the general book club aren't for everybody, but feel free to swing by and even engage in discussion; the analytics clearly show a few regular readers, but the comments sections are a ghost town, without even a spammer to my name.  However, the bad news is that the comic-related posts are the least-interesting to look at as examples, since there's no clean way to just embed the original, yet.  Oh, well...

(The rest of the blog bounces between topics, including dissecting Star Trek episodes for evidence of future-Earth's culture, things I've been working on, occasional programming tips, and whatever else I feel like talking about in a given week.)

Digital Comic Museum

John C's Free Culture Book Club
« on: June 15, 2020, 05:11:42 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: John C's Free Culture Book Club
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 11:19:48 AM »
Cool stuff John!
I'm giving your blog a look right now.