- +

Author Topic: Greetings from the Webcomic World  (Read 3679 times)

Offline JVJ (RIP)

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
  • paix
    • ImageS Magazine
Re: Greetings from the Webcomic World
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 09:09:41 AM »
Hello, everyone! My name is J Gray and I am a webcomic creator. ... we'll be presenting the first Futura story starting Friday.

Hi, J.
I'm a huge fan of the first few Futura stories and hope that someday the artist will be identified. Should you ever discover who drew them, I hope that you will share the information. It's a fascinating, fully-developed style that must have sprung from the Pulps, but I've yet to trace it back there.

FYI ... it's been recently documented that "Ramona" Patanaude has been mis-identified as female. Best leave "her" off your list. The same is true of "Cecilia Munson". No such person, if you considering including "her" in your coverage.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
Peace, Jim (|:{>

JVJ Publishing and VW inc.

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 09:09:41 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2014, 09:18:49 AM »
Wow, I had no idea Ramona was a he.  Thanks for the info Jim.

Offline JGray

• DCM Member
    • The Golden Dames Project
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2014, 10:29:19 AM »
Jim, do you have a link to information revealing Romana Patanaude isn't female? I know there was speculation that this was an early pen name for Ramona Fradon, the co-creator of DC's Metamorpho.

I've been able to verify that Cecilia Munson also used the name Munson Paddock but I can't find any information that suggests she was a he.

For Futura's first appearance, I have to agree with theories I've seen that Chester Martin is the most likely artist. Clearly he didn't stay with the character as the art varies fairly strongly through the series.

Yoc, I meant I can repost my commentary from Golden Dames on the forums here if you would like. So you can read it easier.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:57:53 AM by JGray »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2014, 11:10:03 AM »
Hi J,
Thanks for the offer.  No worries, it's not that hard to make it bigger on the blog with FireFox.  Unless you'd like to repost your content.
If yes, I'd suggest you start a new topic for it.  I don't mind the idea if you are interested.

-Yoc

Offline JGray

• DCM Member
    • The Golden Dames Project
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 05:15:43 PM »
I wouldn't mind having the commentary here as well. If anything it would be a good archive in case something happens to my site and home files.

Is there a policy against doubleposting here? In other words, if I started a topic for the commentary and put one in the first post in the thread and then another in the second post, would I get in trouble for it? Some forums are particular about that sort of thing.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 09:56:03 PM »
Hi J,
I'd suggest starting one topic for anything you want to repost from the blog.  Keep them all inside there and people can choose to read them or not.  A separate post for each topic/comment is fine.
My hope is it will generate some conversation here just as I figure you want to see on the blog.  :)