General Category > Comic Related Discussion

Gwandanaland Comics

<< < (2/6) > >>

Yoc:
Thanks for the link Shea.

bromichaelhenry:
I have purchased two of theirs, both are Centaur based series (Magician from Mars and Air Sub DX), and they are ok. Nice looking and a reasonable price. I won't buy a lot of theirs cuz I collect Centaur based, but overall not bad for the two I have. I am thinking about their Amazing Man collection, but it's to high for me atm.

If you don't know how they print, they print exactly what you see scanned in, no restoration so it looks like a yellow comic page printed on white paper, with a white border. The paper that they print on is nice stock. The book itself is SC with glue binding.

So there are two ways of looking at why they publish them like this, the one I hope they lean to are what was mentioned earlier, for people that want a physical copy. That is the reason why I purchased those series and the fact that they was like 10 buck or so apiece.

One thing that they could add to their copyright page is like what Yoc mentioned: A small paragraph saying something that scans come from DCM and CB+ with respective url's and a blurb saying to visit and bookmark.

Again, this is just my opinion from purchasing a couple and what I think about them.

Blessing

Yoc:
Hi BMH,
They did promise to credit us when I asked but I've never seen a collection to verify it was done.  I think it's just good form to thank those people that provided the original scans as well when known.  It's what I've always done when I've done any archives or collections.

Thanks for letting us know what you thought of the books themselves.  So far you are the only buyer I've heard of.

-Yoc

Shea6408:
I've bought two collections so far - The Complete Funnyman, and the second is one I've ordered and I'm waiting on, the first six issues of Jumbo Comics.  Obviously I haven't seen the Jumbo Comics book yet so I can't comment on it but the Funnyman book was good quality and I presume Jumbo will be the same.

--- Quote from: bromichaelhenry on June 17, 2018, 10:16:05 AM ---One thing that they could add to their copyright page is like what Yoc mentioned: A small paragraph saying something that scans come from DCM and CB+ with respective url's and a blurb saying to visit and bookmark.
--- End quote ---

As far as crediting Digital Comic Museum and Comic Book Plus, they've started adding a blurb on the back cover mentioning both sites and encouraging their readers to visit them.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51LHAzYI0WL.jpg

Yoc:
Thanks for confirming this for us Shea.  That page works for me.
:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version