General Category > Comic Related Discussion

Gwandanaland Comics

<< < (6/6)

Defiant1:

--- Quote from: SuperScrounge on December 10, 2020, 10:23:14 PM ---Defiant1, looking at your EC Reprint page I noticed you didn't have listings for these books which reprint some EC stories.

Foul Play! The Art and Artists of the Notorious E.C. Comics! https://www.comics.org/issue/1244909/

From Aargh! to Zap! Harvey Kurtzman’s Visual History of the Comics https://www.comics.org/issue/1833373/ & https://www.comics.org/issue/1833374/

--- End quote ---

I'm aware of "Foul Play" and I've been on the fence about which of Geisman's books should be included. I was flattered because he said some nice words about some of my content online and was actually looking for my site when I was forced to change out the free host I was using.

I'll add them.
I need to research the second one. It's new to me. 
I'm trying to screen out publications that reprinted things like one page from Mad magazine or just one gag panel. I'd like for the content to include at least a full story.

For a collector that doesn't own all of this, it's been a huge undertaking.
Some things are elusive like Ballantine Books' reprinting of the New testament Picture Stories From the Bible. I know it exists, but no images are available online.

The foreign reprints are a huge challenge also, but they are very rewarding to discover.
The ENS Spanish language stuff published in the US and distributed in Mexico and other Spanish language countries is just fun to see.

SuperScrounge:
Foul Play reprints a full story related to the artist they did a biography of (Foul Play! after Jack Davis' bio, Corpse On The Imjin after Kurtzman's bio, etc.) and print a story that was intended for a never published book (Wanted For Murder intended for Crime Illustrated #3) which is probably of interest to EC fans.

From Arrgh To Zap does reprint a couple of full stories, but because the book is tabloid sized they reduce the size of the story's pages to fill less space so you can read the full story of Master Race, Superderman and Big If just smaller than the original publications. May not be the best way to read these stories, but the stories are full.

Defiant1:

--- Quote from: SuperScrounge on December 11, 2020, 02:06:14 PM ---Foul Play reprints a full story related to the artist they did a biography of (Foul Play! after Jack Davis' bio, Corpse On The Imjin after Kurtzman's bio, etc.) and print a story that was intended for a never published book (Wanted For Murder intended for Crime Illustrated #3) which is probably of interest to EC fans.

From Arrgh To Zap does reprint a couple of full stories, but because the book is tabloid sized they reduce the size of the story's pages to fill less space so you can read the full story of Master Race, Superderman and Big If just smaller than the original publications. May not be the best way to read these stories, but the stories are full.

--- End quote ---

Yep! Suggestions are always welcome and appreciated.

Here they are now..

Foul Play!The Art and Artists of the Notorious E.C. Comics!
http://comicchecklist.atwebpages.com/EC/HarperCollins/HarperCollins_EC_Reprints.html

From Aargh! to Zap! Harvey Kurtzman’s Visual History of the Comics
http://comicchecklist.atwebpages.com/EC/Simon_and_Schuster/Simon_Schuster_EC_Reprints.html

Defiant1

Lmcgurk:
to CBG; I was looking into things on the Gwandanaland folks before buying and ran across this:

THE GWANDANALAND GUARANTEES
1) I guarantee you will be happy with the book; if not, I will make it right.

2) If the book is upgraded, you are eligible for a free replacement.  Check out our Guidebook for details on upgrades and replacements.

Seems like, with respect to bullet item 2, you may want to contact them and upgrade your Jungle Girl volume.

Crimson-Blue-Green:

--- Quote from: Lmcgurk on November 19, 2021, 02:53:47 AM ---to CBG; I was looking into things on the Gwandanaland folks before buying and ran across this:

THE GWANDANALAND GUARANTEES
1) I guarantee you will be happy with the book; if not, I will make it right.

2) If the book is upgraded, you are eligible for a free replacement.  Check out our Guidebook for details on upgrades and replacements.

Seems like, with respect to bullet item 2, you may want to contact them and upgrade your Jungle Girl volume.

--- End quote ---

I did get my replacement for the "Sheena" volume TWO YEARS AFTER I BOUGHT THE FIRST COPY.  It took that bastard TWO YEARS to send me the upgrade and I still did not like it.  I told him about the flaws and warped pages that curved inward and made reading the panels difficult.  Some of the pages he 'upgraded' were fine in the first copy of the book, so he replaced perfectly readable pages with less readable pages.  This was unnecessary.  Since he asked me to delete my 1 star review in order to get his business rating up on Amazon, I seriously doubt he'll send me the next upgrade if I ask him.  Also, he promised that if he couldn't deliver certain books by a certain month, they would be free.  I ordered Captain Marvel and Catman books and I did not get them at all.  So his promise to give me free books was a lie.  I'm not on the best terms with him at the moment.  I think I should just forget about GC.  I should also figure out how to sell books on eBay so I can get some of my money back from all these books I bought that I no longer want.  (I have DC Archives that I want to sell too.)     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version