- +

Author Topic: Hello and Thank You!  (Read 1187 times)

Offline burnsquared

• DCM Member
Hello and Thank You!
« on: December 30, 2014, 07:43:22 PM »
Hello and thank you so much for this site.

I recently got back into comics after being away since the early 1990s.

Up to this point, I have mostly been going back and reading/collecting runs that I have fond, partial memories of from the early to mid-80s in a more systematic fashion (e.g. Rom, The Warlord) and titles that I missed because there was no comic shop in the small town I grew up in and/or was too young for the more mature content (e.g. Dreadstar, Grimjack)

But I have been watching The Brave and the Bold with my son and he really enjoyed the episode featuring the Marvel Family. Started checking around the Internet about any collections in TPB form and ended up here.

My son also loves Plastic Man and I have been looking for good, old fashioned, upstanding super-hero comics to read with him--so I am already very appreciative of this site based on only a skimming of its contents.

Thanks again!

Digital Comic Museum

Hello and Thank You!
« on: December 30, 2014, 07:43:22 PM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Hello and Thank You!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 11:22:31 PM »
Welcome Bsquared.
You'll find Plastic Man here too in Quality's Police Comics earliest issues!  It's a good title and publisher for clean fun.

-Yoc

Offline erwin-k

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • New Pulp Writer
Re: Hello and Thank You!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 02:22:26 PM »
Hi bernsquared,

In addition, you might want to check out Novelty Comics. http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php?cid=203 The were published by Curtis, best known for the Saturday Evening Post. Your milage may vary, but Novelty tried to keep their stuff family friendly. Target Comics is my favorite title from them.

One warning about Captain Marvel. In the early days Billy Batson had an African-American valet named Steamboat. By today's standards the character is very bad.  Fortunately he did not appear all that often. He pretty much disappeared by 1945.

There are funny animal books from a number of other publishers on DCM, as well.

While DCM does not have any Disney material, you might see if your son likes the TV series Duck Tales. My kids & I loved the series. My daughter, now 35, still enjoys watching. She owns all the DVD's.

Glad to have you aboard.

Bob Kennedy