developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Thank You to the staff, scanners, donaters, commenters...  (Read 1105 times)

Offline churnworks

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Thank You to the staff, scanners, donaters, commenters...
« on: October 25, 2014, 03:39:27 PM »
This post (and I hope those that follow) is a periodic reminder to thank everyone who makes DCM a success. From the very responsive admins and staff, to those who scan, those who edit the scans for readability and consistency, and those who take the time to comment, it has been a great two years for me. I am grateful not only for the chance to download terrific comics that I might not otherwise have seen, but to those who have responded to my questions -- and corrected my impressions, when my enthusiasm ran ahead of my knowledge.

In no particular order, here are some of the folks who make things happen here, whose knowledge and expertise are greatly appreciated. (I encourage others to add their own!)

JVJ (that almost goes without saying!), Narfstar, freddyfly, yoc, rangerhouse, darkmark, tilliban, krankyboy, JonTheScanner, bchat, KaineZ, darwination, fett, cimmerian32, Soothsayr, Henry Peters, MarkWarner, phabox, Ontology, Snard -- you guys rock! To see the initial scans, and then the updates and rescans over time, shows how you all are constantly trying to improve the experience. These scans are truly important in capturing a medium and the feeling of each era as the "comic book" struggled to find its feet.

To all of you, sincere thanks!

Digital Comic Museum

Thank You to the staff, scanners, donaters, commenters...
« on: October 25, 2014, 03:39:27 PM »

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: Thank You to the staff, scanners, donaters, commenters...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 09:01:30 PM »
You're welcome!

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Thank You to the staff, scanners, donaters, commenters...
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 10:12:01 PM »
Thanks for your post CW.   :D

Everyone you mentioned and many more have made DCM super special but you should also mention one other very important group.  A group that you yourself belong to -
a huge thank-you to all the financial donors out there that support DCM by helping cover our monthly server bill.  We would literally be lost without you.

As I always say - DCM is an amazing group effort to preserve all public domain comics and share them for free on a site such as DCM while avoiding the pitfalls of inflated egos and trollish behaviour.
To everyone out there that have helped keep DCM such a thriving site a Huge Thank-YOU!

-Yoc