- +

Author Topic: Kindle  (Read 1921 times)

Offline ChrisCoker

• DCM Member
Kindle
« on: January 29, 2014, 06:53:07 AM »
Can I download and read these public domain comics on my Kindle? Do I need something extra in my Kindle in order to open them?

Digital Comic Museum

Kindle
« on: January 29, 2014, 06:53:07 AM »

Offline paw broon

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: Kindle
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 09:37:18 AM »
Some reviews of Kindle seem to suggest that you can read pd comics but I'm unsure if that is only as pdf's.  Seems to me that android machines have a selection of decent, free comic reader apps, whereas I struggle to find clear info. for a Kindle.  For instance, I use perfect viewer, which is free on the Google store, on my Samsung tablet but when I look for the same app for a Kindle, I end up at the Amazon store where the price is $2.99.   Hopefully others can shed more light on this.
Stephen Montgomery

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 12:21:06 PM »
Sorry Chris.
I suggest you check on the Kindle forums and look for apps that can read both CBZ/ZIP and CBR/RAR type files.
As Paw says Android tablets can for sure work with our files.  Perfect Viewer works just fine with our files.

-Yoc

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 09:43:34 PM »
Just for others with an Apple iPad, iPhone, the iPad Mini etc. you can use ComicBook as your reader. Nothing special you need to do to download/transfer from your computer or the internet to get the files to it. Works great, I've had it for a while now (about 2 years plus) with no problems.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline festerb4

• DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 02:00:51 PM »
The kindle operating system has been updated to allow it to read comic books; colours may appear as grey tones on the black and white screens. I have had success reading pdfs and a cbz file, cbr may give trouble. The kindle is not a high power processor, and sometimes it can be slow in reading graphics files or you may see ghosts of the last page at the edge of the new one.