developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Target Comics (Novelty) Crossovers  (Read 1000 times)

Offline erwin-k

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • New Pulp Writer
Target Comics (Novelty) Crossovers
« on: December 22, 2013, 06:51:54 PM »
Hi All,

I'm doing a little research. I know that crossovers were very rare at the Novelty group. (Target Comics, Blue Bolt, 4-Most and a few others.) I believe Kit Carter (The Cadet) & Edison Bell shared one story. But that's the only one I'm aware of.

So my question is: Did The Target or the Chameleon, (both appearing mainly in Target Comics) have any crossovers with other characters or each other?

Digital Comic Museum

Target Comics (Novelty) Crossovers
« on: December 22, 2013, 06:51:54 PM »

Offline Roygbiv666

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Standard Comics
Re: Target Comics (Novelty) Crossovers
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 01:55:31 PM »

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:33:06 PM »
OK, here's some data:  first, in TARGET v2 #1, Uncle Sam assembled all the Target heroes together, Target, Chameleon, 2-R, Spacehawk, Bull's-Eye Bill, etc., and told them what they'd be doing for the war effort.  In the same ish, the Chameleon guest-starred in the Target story.  AFAIK, those were the only TARGET X-overs...but the Twister guest-starred in every other story in the issue of BLUE BOLT where he first appeared.

Offline erwin-k

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • New Pulp Writer
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 11:45:47 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I did find the Target/Chameleon crossover. (Research sure is fun when reading comics is part of it!)

Here's the reason I asked. I collected Target Comics back in the 1960's. Always liked the idea of a team of three. Also enjoyed Pete Stockbridge's adventures. Now, thanks to DCM, I've read the first few years of the Target's adventures and almost all of the early Chameleon stories. While doing all that fun research I wrote a story, set the month I was born, where somebody is seriously out to do in the Chameleon. So, you guessed it, he calls in the Target & the Targeteers. The story will go up soon at http://www.planetarystories.com in the new issue of the on-line Pulp Spirit magazine.

I'll post when the new issue goes up.