developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Super Swingin' Hero 1968 Special  (Read 1619 times)

Offline erwin-k

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • New Pulp Writer
Super Swingin' Hero 1968 Special
« on: December 27, 2015, 07:05:25 PM »
Hi Folks! Erwin K. Roberts, long time member, and occasional contributor to DCM, here. Mechanoid Press just released a new book dedicated to sending up some of the wildest comic book characters of the 1960's.

I certainly had a lot of fun detailing the origin of Changeor, the Mutable Man. I also got to get back a bit at my supposedly infallible Draft Board from those days. Anyway, take a look at the press release below. You might even recognize a name or two from the authors' listing.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61nC2QmjxKL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
They NEVER wrote them like this!

Swingin’ Superhero 1968 Special brings together some of the most outlandish send-ups in all of comicdom! The far-out folks Jim Beard (St. Janus Spirit Breaker) and Lee Houston Jr. has assembled a kooky collection of heroes straight from the flip side. It’s going to be far out.

Thrill to the afterlife adventures of Ghostman. Witness the outrageous origin of the Substandard Quintet! Hang out with Beauty and the Beetle as they solve a mystery of Lovecraftian proportions! The sky’s the limit for these Swingin’ Heroes.

Join comics legend David Michelinie (Iron Man), Chuck Miller, Lisa Collins, Mark Halegua, Erwin K. Roberts, Lisa M. Collins, Bonnie J. Sterling, Thomas Deja and Sam Gafford as these spaced-out chroniclers of this way out world bring you an uncanny collection of superhero prose fiction unlike anything you’ve ever seen before!

Buy it here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019M54B8A/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_tZXFwb1NEA2JY

Digital Comic Museum

Super Swingin' Hero 1968 Special
« on: December 27, 2015, 07:05:25 PM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Super Swingin' Hero 1968 Special
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 09:13:48 PM »
Congrats Erwin,
Looks like quite an original collection there.
:)

Offline TheCosmicMoth

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 10:32:41 PM »
Groovy! I'll have to check it out.

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 08:09:49 PM »