- +

Author Topic: What's the best scans editor?  (Read 1788 times)

Offline misterxus

• VIP
  • DCM Member
What's the best scans editor?
« on: March 29, 2012, 05:06:02 AM »
I sometimes get files that have pages out of order, missing pages, poorly-scanned pages where a good scan exists elsewhere, etc. and it can be a real pain trying to correct and insert/replace them. I have GonVisor and  CDisplay viewers as well as TugZip and FilZip zipping and unzipping programs, but all of those are inconsistent in their editing abilities. What would make it easier for me would be to simply rename and/or insert pages in a program. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Digital Comic Museum

What's the best scans editor?
« on: March 29, 2012, 05:06:02 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: What's the best scans editor?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 09:21:51 AM »
Hi Misterxus.
Yep, we all are in the same boat.  As new versions show up I will remove fiche versions when paper appears but we decided to keep alternate paper versions on the site and allow each member to choose which they decide to keep for their own collections.

Personally I just unzip into a folder, rename as needed, and then rezip the file.  Rename to cbz and file it with other issues of the same title.

I haven't tried GonVisor or either of your zip programs.  For fast edits to crop or straighten pages I use Irfanview but remember, when working with a jpg each resave will degrade the image.  So I do all my changes, sharpen once and save at 85% which usually results in a larger file than the original.

-Yoc

Offline misterxus

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 04:26:56 PM »
Thanks, Yoc.

Offline watson387

• DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 05:58:52 PM »
Personally I just unzip into a folder, rename as needed, and then rezip the file.  Rename to cbz and file it with other issues of the same title.

I do the same thing. That's the easiest way in my opinion.