- +

Author Topic: Advanced Comic Book Format  (Read 9518 times)

Offline Whale

• DCM Member
Re: Advanced Comic Book Format
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 03:24:35 AM »
Hi all,

if anyone's interested. Final specifications for ACBF format 1.0 is out. As well as version 0.6 of ACBF Viewer was released. You can find it on project page. Sample Craphound comic book contains rich metadata, comic book structure definition (pages, panels), page indexing (Table of Contents) and 2 separate text-layers (english and slovak translation between which user can switch). New in ACBF Viewer version 0.6 is that drawing of text-layer for translation over the background image is handled automatically by ACBF Viewer application (best-fitting text into defined bubbles).
This basically concludes my work on ACBF specs. Anyone is invited to study the specs and sample comics, create his own comics, using ACBF to translate comics into different languages and creating his own applications based on ACBF specs (viewers, editors, convertors etc.).
Advanced Comic Book Format project - a file format for electronic comic books. Any suggestions and help appreciated.
ACBF Wiki

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 03:24:35 AM »

Offline Whale

• DCM Member
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 01:12:48 AM »
just want to bump this one up  8) Since I first started this thread (10 months ago) format and viewer improved considerably. Last release of viewer includes initial version of comic books library. So if anyone's interested, you may try it. There are versions for Linux and Windows. Screenshots are on Google Plus.
Advanced Comic Book Format project - a file format for electronic comic books. Any suggestions and help appreciated.
ACBF Wiki

Offline Whale

• DCM Member
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2015, 11:35:59 PM »
Hi everyone,

it's been a while since I posted this topic. Meanwhile, ACBF project has evolved a lot. So, if anyone from this community is interested to try it out, here's what's new:

• ACBF Viewer (Linux and Windows version) almost fully supports 1.0 format specifications, has it's own comic books library, based on comic metadata you can browse it easily
  • ACBF Viewer for Android - new application, port of ACBF Viewer to Android, supports smooth panel by panel viewing
  • ACBF Editor (Linux and Windows version) - application to help you create ACBF comics (CBZ files with ACBF file inside), edit metadata and you can already create frames/panels definitions there
  • Several comics have been converted to ACBF, many of them having panels definitions and text-layers with translations; complete list is available on Wiki page: http://acbf.wikia.com/wiki/ACBF_Comic_Books

Main project page: https://launchpad.net/acbf
Wiki page having a lot of information about the format and available tools: http://acbf.wikia.com/wiki/Advanced_Comic_Book_Format_Wiki

For maintaining a my comic book library I use desktop ACBF Viewer application, for editing metadata ACBF Editor and for actual reading ACBF Viewer for Android. ACBF Viewer for Android is also available from Google Play store for 0.5 EUR, if anyone wants to support the project and receive updates from there, but otherwise everything is open source and free to download from project page on Launchpad.

Enjoy converting some of your comics to ACBF with metadata and panel by panel viewing  8)
ACBF Wiki

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2015, 10:44:19 AM »
Impressive - good luck with this Whale!