developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: searching for dinosaur comic in late 1930s book  (Read 1019 times)

Offline rarebit

• DCM Member
searching for dinosaur comic in late 1930s book
« on: October 27, 2011, 12:09:50 PM »
Dear friends,
I’m writing a book about Winsor McCay and desperately trying to locate a comic book.
Did you ever see a comic book containing those panels: http://cafurl.com?i=17638
A fellow collector, knowledgeable and reliable, is 100% sure he saw it online somewhere. Most likely in a Chesler book from the late 1930s, “near or at the back of some anthology title”. It might have been on the now defunct site comicsworld, as my friend stumbled across it during an online research, but I’ve been unable to find it in months of research work.
I’ve been browsing all available online databases, checked 95% of all Chesler titles, also related publishers like Centaur, MLJ, Street & Smith, etc., but I was unable to find this book.
If anybody can help, this will be highly appreciated.
Thanks!
 Ulrich
 u.merkl@gmx.de
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 12:42:16 PM by Yoc »

Digital Comic Museum

searching for dinosaur comic in late 1930s book
« on: October 27, 2011, 12:09:50 PM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: searching for dinosaur comic in late 1930s book
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 12:43:56 PM »
I corrected your link R.  You need to click the little 'world' icon to get and around it to work properly.

Never seen your comic before.  Hopefully someone else here has.

Offline josemas

• DCM Member
Re: searching for dinosaur comic in late 1930s book
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 08:59:35 AM »
This sounds like another example of Bob McCay recycling his father's work and it seems like you're checking in all the right places.

Have you tried Komos Publications Superworld Comics.  I believe that they ran some McCay material around 1939-40.

Any idea when and where the piece was originally published?

Curious

Joe