- +

Author Topic: password save  (Read 1944 times)

Offline KevinP

• VIP
  • DCM Member
password save
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:03:42 PM »
When I go the main DCM site and log in, my username brings up ....... as password.  When I click login, it tells me that the pw I am using doesn't match the pw on file, so I have to delete the .s and type in my pw.  Apparently it has an old or incorrect pw on file, but it doesn't give the option to remember the correct one, so I have to do this every time.  I can still log in, but in the words of Sir Topham Hatt, it causes confusion and delay. (The number of .s matches the number of letters in my pw, so it's possible it is remembering right but some other issue is causing the problem.)  How can I set it to remember my correct pw?
"Stories are signposts to help the world choose between the darkness and the light." ~Arago

Digital Comic Museum

password save
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:03:42 PM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: password save
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 10:07:56 PM »
I'm not sure but I think it might be a cookie on your system remember it.
Our cookie starts with 'rwd_' if you are looking for it.

IE and FireFox also both offer to remember it.  In FFox it's under Tools-Options-Security.
You can tell it to delete your PW for DCM and resave it later with the proper entry.
I'm pretty sure IE offers the same thing.
-Yoc

Offline KevinP

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 10:17:48 PM »
I'll try that, but this is the third computer it happens on.

BTW, I'm planning on changing my e-ddress and username for most sites.  How hard would it be to change my DCM username?
"Stories are signposts to help the world choose between the darkness and the light." ~Arago

Offline John C

• Administrators
  • DCM Member
    • John's Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 05:01:37 AM »
For the password, when you type it in right, doesn't it ask you if you want to save that one?  But yeah, clearing out the password in the options should do it.

Usernames...the name you sign in with is pretty much stuck, but there's an option on your profile for what displays.  Of course, people won't recognize you for a while, as I found out...

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 08:12:51 AM »
Moon, it might be easier to just let us handle changing your email and user name.
Send me a Private Message with the new info and I'll take care of it.

-Yoc

Offline KevinP

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 08:42:58 PM »
Thanks, will do so.  Still thinking up a cool name.