developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Harvey Alarming Tales 3 - Page 19 Ad?  (Read 1401 times)

Offline leahs_dad

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Harvey Alarming Tales 3 - Page 19 Ad?
« on: May 15, 2011, 12:20:05 AM »
In the scan for Alarming Tales #3, is the ad on page 19 for Black Cat Mystic #61 in the original book? It just seems more like a intro/splash page from the black Cat book rather than an ad. This is especially true, where it says at the bottom of the page "... You'll find out in the story that begins after the next page." Which does not follow as the very next page is another story. Is it a misprint or just a bad choice of advertising on the part of Harvey? Black cat Mystic 61 does not seem to have been scanned yet so I cant check if the page appears there.

Just curious.

Digital Comic Museum

Harvey Alarming Tales 3 - Page 19 Ad?
« on: May 15, 2011, 12:20:05 AM »

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: Harvey Alarming Tales 3 - Page 19 Ad?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 11:16:07 PM »
Geo will have to verify this, but I suspect they just needed to fill the page at the last minute and dropped the title page from the Black Cat book into the Alarming Tales with very slight changes as an ad.

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: Harvey Alarming Tales 3 - Page 19 Ad?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 04:51:37 PM »
Harvey seemed to have used this format to advertise their other books and sometimes even the next issue of the current book during this time period. And yes I'd have to agree it seems it was done in a "intro/splash page style".

As to if it was used as just a filler to answer Eric, I'm sorry I don't know one way or the other for sure on that.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time