- +

Author Topic: Clark Williams  (Read 1338 times)

Offline NobbyNobbs

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Clark Williams
« on: August 21, 2010, 12:25:07 AM »
I find lots of comics on GCD where Clark Williams are listed as penciler, and or inker with a ?, as Clark Williams was a house name, used by Witmer Williams, according to WhosWho, I wonder if it was used as a true "house" name by several artists, or if it only was used as an alias by Witmer Williams?

I guess that where Clark Williams are listed as possible/probable artist, that this would mean Witmer Williams, as even if Clark Williams was used by others, he would be the artist somebody would think of when refering to Clark Williams, but are a bit curious anyway.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 12:43:52 AM by NobbyNobbs »

Digital Comic Museum

Clark Williams
« on: August 21, 2010, 12:25:07 AM »

Offline Bob Hughes

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: Clark Williams
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 04:41:55 AM »
All of the "Clark Williams" listed in the GCD that I've personally looked at (mostly Smash Comics) were by Witmer Williams - and I changed the credit appropriately. I've never seen any evidence that Clark Williams was a true house name. 

Offline mykey3000

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 06:32:41 PM »
Can y'all give me some more info on Witmer Williams? I'm confused by the fact that he doesn't appear anywhere online other that here and in the GCD. He does appear in a list of Iger employees, but not on Lambiek. Where did you guys learn that this was this artist's name?

Mike Kooiman
mykey@mykey3000.com

Offline NobbyNobbs

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 01:47:58 AM »
I think that JVJ would be the right person to answer here, but acording to WhosWho: http://www.bailsprojects.com/WhosWho.aspx Clark Williams was a Iger shop house name used by Witmer Williams, hence my original question.

Offline mykey3000

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 05:58:41 PM »
Aha yes... it's strange also because he doesn't appear on Busy Arnold's list of employees, that was run in Alter Ego #67.