developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Kirby Romance question  (Read 1357 times)

Offline fett

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
Kirby Romance question
« on: March 14, 2011, 01:53:43 AM »
Hi guys hoping someone can help with a slight problem I've come across. Kirby did a cover for Mainline back in the 50s called In Love which ran from #1 to #4. The cover portrayed on GCD does not have a comic code stamp on it and has some pretty bright colors on it. There is an auction for the issue in question on ebay atm which has the price in a totally different position AND the comic code stamp is present on it, which leads me to believe the cover on GCD atm might not be from the original comic, but possibly from a reprint collection. The Mainline issues ran from mid-late '54 to Mar 1955 according to GCD. Just wondering if anyone has a copy or knows if it this series was ever reprinted anywhere along with the cover?

Thanks for any info  :)

Digital Comic Museum

Kirby Romance question
« on: March 14, 2011, 01:53:43 AM »

Offline JVJ (RIP)

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
  • paix
    • ImageS Magazine
Re: Kirby Romance question
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 12:41:16 PM »
Trust your instincts, fett.
This is a good example of someone trying to "help" by posting a reworked cover. It doesn't have to have come from a book, just from a "helpful" fan trying to make things look "good". Note that the greens on the GDC cover could never have appeared in a 1955 comic book. I think your ebay cover is legit.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
Peace, Jim (|:{>

JVJ Publishing and VW inc.