- +

Author Topic: srca1941's uploads  (Read 48676 times)

Offline srca1941

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: srca1941's uploads
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2012, 10:24:09 AM »
A paper copy of Master Comics #129 is going up now to replace the fiche!

August, 1952. Front cover from Heritage, inside front, inside back, and back covers from fiche. This issue features Captain Marvel Jr., Ozzie, Nyoka the Jungle Girl, and Tom Mix.

-Eric

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2012, 10:24:09 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2012, 11:09:56 AM »
Thanks Eric!
Small request.  If it makes no difference to you could you please use ZIP or CBZ file formats?
The gang over on CB+ have stated a preference for it and it makes sense for us to suggest the same as we can use either.

Master 129 going live shortly.
:)

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2012, 11:17:18 AM »
Just checked and it says 35pgs Eric.  It looks like you forgot the bc.
Did you want to add it or just leave it as-is?

Offline srca1941

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2012, 11:51:34 AM »
ZIP is fine by me. That's what I had been using, but it seemed like I was just about the only one, so I switched to RAR. Makes no difference to me either way.

Strange, the back cover was there when I opened the RAR file just now. I have no idea why it didn't show for you. There are 37 files, the 36 pages of the comic and its cover, and a .txt file. At any rate, I'm uploading a new ZIP file now.

-Eric

Offline JVJ (RIP)

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
  • paix
    • ImageS Magazine
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2012, 05:07:22 PM »
"Monkey Business on Wall St." is what I most strongly believe to be Plastino. "Tom Paine and His Mighty Pen" is one I thought was possibly Plastino, but was uncertain.

As for Quinlan, that was a goof that I didn't catch (but I'm glad you did). I was looking at True #54, seeing if I could I.D. any artists that did both issues, and saw a story I thought looked kind of like Quinlan ("Beloved Composer"). I must have forgotten what I was looking at because I put him down as a possible for "Sheriff's Secret" in #53. I've removed him from my text file credits now, thanks for noticing!

-Eric
Hi, Eric,
Tom Paine and Monkey Business are both by Ernie Schroeder. I updated the entire issue for GCD. There's a lot more there. Sheriff's Secret is Lorence Bjorklund.

In #54, Beloved Composer is Corrine Boyd Dillon.

Plastino is definitely at True, but I've only seen him earlier than this. Haven't looked at the series for years, though, so I might be wrong.

Peace, Jim (|:{>

JVJ Publishing and VW inc.

Offline srca1941

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2012, 06:02:33 PM »
You're right, I see it now. Monkey Business and Tom Paine looked very familiar to me, but I didn't think my spotting skills had gotten THAT rusty! Yikes!

The miscredit wasn't entirely without reason however. Plastino IS in the issue. He did (and signed) the "U.S." Royal ad on the inside front cover. I just remembered when I first got the book back at Christmas that Plastino did some work in there, but forgot what it was. Now how I could think Schroeder was Plastino...well that's just embarasing!  :(

-Eric
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:03:19 PM by srca1941 »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2012, 05:23:21 PM »
Thanks for the fix Eric.

Offline srca1941

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2012, 01:33:03 PM »
An upgraded copy of Marvel Family #65 is going up now to replace the lower-res. paper/fiche version.

November, 1951. Scans are C2C paper, but fiche copies of the IBC and BC have also been included as extras since the paper versions are damaged. This issue features the 3 chapter story "The Marvel Family Battles the Tenement Terror" by Otto Binder and Pete Costanza.

-Eric

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2012, 03:53:13 PM »
Thanks Eric, now up!

Offline srca1941

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2013, 05:13:51 PM »
Wow, I didn't realize that's been over a year since I last uploaded! Yeesh! Anyway, I'm back again with a new old book, or at least with most of one... Nedor's Startling Comics #16 (mostly paper with b&w microfilm fills) is going up now!!!

August, 1942. Paper with black and white microfilm fills. Cover from GCD, IFC, IBC, BC, pages 1-8, and 53-64 are digital photos of b&w microfilm. Partial paper scan of Fighting Yank, microfilm of Don Davis, Masked Rider, and Happy (humor filler). Complete paper scans of Captain Future, Four Comrades (origin/1st app.), Biff Powers, Mystico, and two texts. The microfilm is hard to read, but it's better than nothing (but just barely).

-Eric

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2013, 05:50:53 PM »
Time does fly!  Great to see a new scan from you Eric.  :)
I've added it to the site (with a slight name tweak) and included a plea to anyone out there that owns it to please scan it.
If we are lucky, perhaps the LOC will have a copy.

Don't be a stranger!
-Yoc

BTW, I've got a new Startling scan here to edit as well so keep an eye open for it.

Offline srca1941

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2013, 11:13:35 PM »
Hillman's Western Fighters vol.2 no.10 is up in my folder now!

September, 1950, C2C paper - 52 pages. Art by Gerald McCann, Ross Andru, Mike Suchorsky, Michael Becker, and possibly John Daly.

-Eric

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2013, 08:27:34 AM »
Thanks very much Eric!
It's now up.
:)

Offline JVJ (RIP)

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
  • paix
    • ImageS Magazine
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2013, 07:16:47 PM »
Hillman's Western Fighters vol.2 no.10 is up in my folder now!

September, 1950, C2C paper - 52 pages. Art by Gerald McCann, Ross Andru, Mike Suchorsky, Michael Becker, and possibly John Daly.

-Eric

Nice book, Eric,

but I don't see any Ross Andru or Mike Surchorsky or John Daly. The second story is penciled by Ed Smalle, I think, and the third is definitely penciled by Gene Colan. I don't know who does "Tobacco Tom" and the last story is penciled by Art Peddy.

Thanks for the post.

JVJ Publishing and VW inc.

Offline srca1941

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2013, 08:28:58 PM »
The Daly attribute was the one I was least certain of and almost removed it. I knew it looked familiar, and of the suspects presented in Who's Who, that was my best guess. I can see Peddy's facial expressions on the sheriff now that you point him out.

The Andru spot was my second least sure (thus the question mark for both of them). I've seen little of Andru or Colan from this period, so I'll take your word on it, but I still see things that remind me of Andru in the Silver Age.

As for Suchorsky, I probably should have question marked him too, but there were a few attributes that reminded me of his work, especially the boy's face in the third panel of page 2. I think it reminiscent of some of Suchorsky's Black Terror work. However, the more I look at it, the more I'm inclined to agree with you on this one too. I'm bothered by the stiffness of the action and lack of creative composition. It's also a little flat for Suchorsky who liked to play more with shadows than this artist.

-Eric