175 (12.4%)
56-60
178 (12.6%)
61-65
136 (9.6%)
Over 65
154 (10.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1404

Author Topic: Welcome to DCM - how old are you poll?  (Read 74244 times)

Offline madscan

• DCM Member
Chris aka Madscan, from France
« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2015, 09:29:58 AM »
I'm 57 since a few days. I love comics and of course, am more a european comics reader as I am French.
I started writing about comics since a few years. I did a lot of interviews of french authors in the 90' (I had the chance to do one of Bill Sienckiewicz).
I read a lot and am very interested in the evolution of comics, bande dessinée and mangas and the interactions between the 3 continents.
I just finished writing an article about Gustave Verbeck for the French Museum of Comics (CNBDI). It should be online next month.
I love all kind of comics as long as they are quality ones (very subjectiv I know :-D)

Digital Comic Museum

Chris aka Madscan, from France
« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2015, 09:29:58 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Welcome to DCM - how old are you poll?
« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2015, 09:33:28 AM »
Welcome Chris, thanks for voting.
Lots of quality books here.  Have fun!

Offline jayskay

• DCM Member
« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2015, 06:51:59 AM »
Hi, there.

I'm old enough to have had my comic book collection, consisting of Silver Age Marvels issues 1-10 of Daredevil, JIM, Avengers, FF, AS (and many more) thrown out by my mom and young enough to want to try to replace much of my original collection. Have managed to acquire a lot of them, at a considerably greaterer cost, but the joy of collecting still remains...

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2015, 02:23:53 PM »
Welcome Jay and good luck with restoring your lost collection.
Meanwhile you can see a lot of books that predate the SA at no cost right here.
Enjoy discovering the wonders of the Golden Age!
:D

Offline Sokkelund

• DCM Member
« Reply #214 on: October 20, 2015, 11:07:32 AM »
I am 71. I found your site by googling 'Camera Comics, because I wanted to see what that. I'm a photographer, from Denmark, writing about photography.

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #215 on: October 20, 2015, 09:49:29 PM »
Please enjoy your stay with us here Sokkelund. There's lot's to see and welcome aboard.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline Buzzsawbob

• DCM Member
« Reply #216 on: November 11, 2015, 06:56:28 AM »
Hello, my name is Nemo and I'm 48. Exactly 40 years ago I spent the summer with my grandma and while exploring her basement I came upon a huge box of comics from the 50s, mostly Archie, been a comic nut ever since.

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #217 on: November 13, 2015, 05:03:21 PM »
Buzz, a big welcome to our site here, please enjoy your stay here, lots to see and it will keep you busy for a long time.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time

Offline azo

• DCM Member
« Reply #218 on: December 06, 2015, 10:35:48 AM »
Bonjour de France; j'ai 64 ans, je suis à la veille de la retraite. Je ne parle pas la langue anglaise. Alors je me débrouille avec translate de google, mais le sens des traduction sont parfois un peu étange, voir bizarre. Dons ne m'en veillez pas de ne pas m'engager dans des discussion, dont la langue n'est pas naturelle pour moi.

Cependant j'ai d'écouvert votre site par le site THOT, qui présente ainsi  : "Digital Comic Museum (DCM) est un site web dédié aux Comics tombés dans le domaine public et publiés au cours de l'âge d'or (« Golden Age ») de la bande dessinée américaine (1938-1945). L'objectif de DCM est d'offrir un accès gratuit à des centaines de bandes dessinées publiées avant 1959, numérisées et téléversées sur la plateforme par les utilisateurs."

J'ai été très heureux de cette initiative de garder de l'oubli le travail lourd et difficile des graphistes de la bande dessinée. Car fanchement c'est pas un travail pour ceux qui veulent de venir riche. Je suis très attentif à la qualité du graphisme, du lettrage, et des style aboutit. J'aime bien de temps à autre éplucher le travail de nos ancêtres. Et on n'a pas fini d'apprendre d'eux, et de leur manière de faire.

Offline Hailsninja

• DCM Member
« Reply #219 on: January 25, 2016, 08:15:36 PM »
I'm about to turn 27 loved comics and tv series since I was a kid and helped that my cousin and uncle were collecting comics and figures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AlfredsUnderstudy

• DCM Member
  • Everything Dark and Mysterious
« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2016, 09:53:42 AM »
Morning all! I'm from the Southern United States and sweet Primus, I feel like the baby of the group at 21. Oh well, age is just a number.
"Radio...what's going on with that radio?"
Harry Mason
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."
Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2016, 10:43:01 AM »
Indeed.  Welcome to all our new members.
Lots of fun goodies to enjoy.

Offline Reddave

• DCM Member
« Reply #222 on: May 13, 2016, 12:00:07 PM »
I'm a 53 year old school teacher. With the popularity of the movies I have seen a rise in interest in comics. I have had more kids look at the comics I have on a comic rack in the back of my room.

Wait! You have a Comic book Rack at the back of your room..?

Where were you when I was a kid?!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh never mind, I forgot I'm nearly fifty.  :-[

Offline Crimson-Blue-Green

• VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Sensational Idols
« Reply #223 on: May 14, 2016, 01:30:02 AM »
I'm new here, I'm limited to using my phone (because my computer is broke and old), and I'm 45.  Nice to meet everyone. I went nuts in the past day or so and downloaded too much stuff. Namely, The Blue Beetle, Cat-Man, Captain Marvel, Daredevil (the original, which I just became acquainted with), various jungle girls, various horror comics and a couple Western comics.  

I used to create my own comics using my notebook paper when I was young and naive. I more recently wrote prose story versions of some of these characters.  Firegirl and The Kid Elite are the names of my characters.  They are kids, obviously.  

I somehow convinced my English teacher in high school to add comics to the magazines she kept on a rack in the back of her classroom.  
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 02:40:53 PM by Crimson-Blue-Green »
My Japanese idol music website: http://sensational-idols.weebly.com/

Offline ultradave12

• DCM Member
« Reply #224 on: June 03, 2016, 02:26:10 PM »
I'm 51 and I've been reading comics since 1974. The Avengers was my comic of choice, but any Marvel would do.