- +

Author Topic: CENTAUR and such...  (Read 3989 times)

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: CENTAUR and such...
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 06:41:30 AM »
I like The Magician from Mars (who predates all of comics' superheroines, by the way).  The only thing I don't like is the fact that her story was never finished.  I also find her story to be a more interesting character than a fair amount of what the company offered.

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 06:41:30 AM »

Offline comicsnorth

• DCM Member
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 11:43:32 AM »
I also find the Magician From Mars fascinating, and would love to see her story wrapped up somewhere.  There's just something fun about her that overcomes, at least for me, the odd logic lapses in her overall story.  And her powers are actually closer to Firestorm's than Phoenix', since she can reorder matter, but seems to have no telepathic abilities at all.  It's characters like Phoenix, who always knows what everyone is thinking, or Franklin Richards, who added precognition to his reality altering abilities who are grossly over powered--Jane Gem-35 can be surprised or caught off guard, and that keeps her from being unstoppable.

-comicsnorth

Offline Guardian7

• DCM Member
  • Solarman
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 12:31:47 AM »
In the case of Jane Gem-35 (Magician from Mars). I guess it is you say tomato I say tomato. lol
She just plain isn't to my liking is all, I suppose. But I do recognize that she is the FIRST female Super-Heroine... I think.

ANYHOW...

Just a bit of an update on both the CENTAUR WEBSITE and my CENTAUR COMIC thing.

Took me a bit longer to figure out exactly how I wanted to do a Centaur Site and even longer on how I was going to configure it or have the layouts appear (especially considering I am using a free site, Which means I actually have to be stuck with in some cases some uncreative layouts).
I Have got the initial stuff done and prepped. Hoping to have at least 20 characters listed on it before I hand out the website addy.

I think I modified the Amazing Man page about six times, before I finally landed on a design that I liked.
I am still writing the history bit on Centaur and it is also taking quite a while (It seems kinda complex to me for some reason). Kinda hard not to sound like everyone else that has done a write up on Centaur.
With this site I want to focus on the characters and not so much the creators except in the history part (and then again not so strongly) I don't have time to do write ups on all the Golden Age Writers and Artists (Though I do think there is a site that does indeed list many of the Golden Age creators that I might just ask permission to put links too - Which I can't see being a problem).

It is difficult to write on some of the characters.
Like Amazing Man, Fantom, Arrow etc... has a pretty full history with Aman at least or minimal of 33 stories that I am aware of. So listing his every adventure is kinda hard and would likely take a personal site dedicated to him - But who knows... maybe as time goes on. I can just simply expand on it once I am satisfied with the vast array of characters that appear in the other Centaur Features.
Whereas doing a write up on Blue Lady or characters with less stories (Electric Ray, Rainbow, Solarman etc) is pretty simple (Blue Lady appeared in the final three issues of Amazing Man Comics #24-26).

I will do stuff on the characters I have visuals for first. Which is plenty... but I would never turn down an offer of seeing more or all of them - the last post listed some Characters, Places or possible events that sound interesting.

The Making of this Centaur Site is competing with doing my comic on Centaur Characters. Which is the primary reason I haven't posted here in a bit (So sorry for the lack of a status update).

My Comic is going to be an Anthology of stories (just like actual Centaur Comics was) and I will try to fit in shorter stories of the happenings of other heroes besides which every two I decide to feature in the longer running ones (likely 12 pages for each lead - 5 to 7 for back up features).

Status on that is:
1) Amazing Man is partially designed and written (still tweaking it though - Lots of big ole brawling in it).

2) Solarman story is completely written and all the thumbnails are ready to be laid out on actual pages.

3)Black Panther and Blue Lady appear in a feature together (called AMAZING TEAM-UPS!) and that is completely written and most of the thumbnails are done.

I am having a bit of a internal battle with the 4th feature. As I have several stories all ready to go.
Likely contender is going to be Vapo-Man (just cause he has a bad ass costume!... plus his Golden age story was never completed).

The 5th feature may well be a Villain feature (Which I have been strongly considering). Likely short (3-4 pages). but there are so many Centaur Heroes that need to see the light of Day (such as one of my personal favorites - Plymo the Rubber Man, Shark, Mighty Man (with Super-Ann), Minimidget, Iron Skull... blah blah blah... lol).
BUT... with only Five features (plus whatever pin-ups I decide to do),. that only leaves so much room.

Anyhow that is an UPDATE of sorts.

Cya
G7/Les
Huge HUGE fan of Centaur stuff

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 09:30:58 AM »
GL with the project Les!

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 10:07:43 AM »
I am anxious to see it Les. You may want to see if AC Comics wants to publish some or all of it. They may not pay but may give you some exposure using it as fillers.

Offline Guardian7

• DCM Member
  • Solarman
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 01:18:04 PM »
Yoc - Thanks!
I am very surprised at all the assistance I have gotten about setting up not only a website.
For the Online Comic I have also had a lot of decent people pointing me in various avenues to explore. So... Still looking for a host site. But As long as I start uploading by the end of the month. I should be okay.

Narfstar - AC Comics is interested in stuff like that?
I wasn't aware they took new submissions on Golden Age Stuff. Interesting.
Maybe I will post the first issue and then send them a Heads up... see what they think.

Insofar as the Comic goes... I am not one of those guys that is going to post 1 page at a time. I will post complete stories at one time and if it can be done the entire Anthology at once. Which likely means a Comic only appearing once a month... but that is pretty standard.

I also have some experimentation I am going to try to make it more web/reader friendly.

Cya guys.

Les/G7

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 06:38:28 PM »
If they could use it free they might want to include a chapter with their reprints.

Offline bchat

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 07:28:52 AM »
AC Comics hasn't published a lot of new GA superhero stories recently, but they did publish two issues of a Green Lama series in 2007-08 by James Ritchey (with a "0" issue done by Bill Black), so it would seem that they aren't against publishing new stories. 

Offline Guardian7

• DCM Member
  • Solarman
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 01:50:21 PM »
Again I will most certainly check it out.

------------

Well I just finished my image snatch from every single Centaur that I own.
So Every character, villain and extra has a clear image of them (Some I had to tamper with to clear up colors or partial body shots. But I only used the original artist's strokes to make any alternations (using a cut and paste method). Plus as possibly stated previously... there are no word boxes or balloons in any of them. just the characters, objects or places.
That at least gives me a full image selection for a decent web page (without the word balloons breaking it up).

Cya
G7/Les

Anyone have a bead on a possible upload of FUNNY PICTURE STORIES v1 1 or AMAZING MYSTERY FUNNIES v1 #4?
for Centaur? Just curious.

Offline Guardian7

• DCM Member
  • Solarman
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 01:10:13 PM »
Sorry about the extreme delay on any sort of an update on my CENTAUR projects. BEEN pretty busy.

Still hammering away at the comic when I can... but actually haven't had a lot of time to put into it recently (and unfortunately).
Still searching out a host site for the Online Comic... haven't really found any that really grab my attention. Though it was suggested that I possibly use wordpress.com, As they have a decent site.
I have thought about either using Bravenet or 50Megs for the Comic as well. Which will likely host my Website as well. 50Megs gives me a lot of room to put at least quite a bit of images on there. But I might have to make a new Website for each comic if the page count keeps growing like it has been (So far I have at least 12 stories I want to tell about separate characters - Not including the continuing adventures of the characters - biggest factor is still remaining as true to the characters as they were presented in the comics they originally appeared in).

The CENTAUR Website (none of my artwork will appear on it. It will only be original artwork from the strips of the characters) is up... I just haven't posted it yet... kinda working on the bugs. Only have Three feature Characters on it so far (Amazing Man, Blue Lady and the beginnings of the Centaur Clock), A listing for the books from Centaur, an A-Z listing of characters I wish to eventually feature and for the moment an invisible History and Links page until I can find enough links (such as this place) to post in it... I am not exactly happy with my intro page. So I want to do something a bit more colorful. Thought about a image montage. Not sure yet.

So that is that. Still plugging away... dunno why I thought it would be easier... lol

Cya
Les/G7