- +

Author Topic: Microfilm scans  (Read 4446 times)

Offline JonTheScanner

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
Re: Microfilm scans
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 05:26:32 PM »
The only Bails' microfilm I appear to still have contain comics that have already been scanned. Many not posted here because they've not PD, but all scanned.

Digital Comic Museum

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 05:26:32 PM »

Offline Pmackscans

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 11:56:23 AM »
Thanks for the offers of microfilm. I'm actually working on a microfilm/fiche project where I'm trying to definitively nail down what is available. I'm hoping to create a searchable database so scanners will be able to quickly determine if film is available on a particular book.

I think it might come in handy when looking to fill out an incomplete scan, or to figure out if a B&W Bails is the only available source, just as two examples.

I'll be sending PMs to replies in this thread, but if you're someone who's reading but doesn't want your film out of your sight, perhaps you wouldn't mind sending me a list of what you actually have. It would be greatly appreciated.

I'd also love to know some background info on various film & fiche, if you've got first-or-secondhand experience buying them from the source.

Thanks!
Pmack

Offline narfstar

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 05:42:08 PM »
The books on the list from which I got my micro fiche was long. At $4 each I bought what I could afford at the time. That is where the great gems like Green Giant and Colossus came from. Since few people bought them they were donated to a university. Since their were multiple copies, I would imagine the university would be willing to lend them out for scanning.