- +

Author Topic: Why can't I reply to posts on The "Comment On our Books" thread?  (Read 2119 times)

Offline Robb_K

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • Barks/Gottfriedson/Hultgren Fan
I wanted to comment on the "Little Ike 2", but there isn't even a "reply" button for me to post on it.  is that particular thread open only to administrators and VIP members?  I want to contribute a constructive bit of information that may help this website.
https://i.ibb.co/G3x88Lr/Donald75.jpg

Digital Comic Museum

Offline agentdynamo

• Repeat Donor!
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: Why can't I reply to posts on The "Comment On our Books" thread?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 06:47:25 AM »
You have to go to the download page for the comic book and post a comment from there.

Offline Robb_K

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • Barks/Gottfriedson/Hultgren Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 11:46:36 AM »
You have to go to the download page for the comic book and post a comment from there.
Thanks!  But when I go to the download page, there is no reply or comment button.  It seems to me that Yoc's comment about spammers and virus senders attacking this website and the administrators turning off the comment function for non-administrators and non-VIP members is still in effect. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 11:55:45 AM by Robb_K »
https://i.ibb.co/G3x88Lr/Donald75.jpg

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 02:27:52 PM »
Hi Robb,
Yes, you are correct.  A few months back we were attacked by a spam bot using our Comments feature.  They somehow were able to share a link which immediately sent any DCM user to a dating site.  The spammed almost every comic on the site with this crap.
We've removed the ability for guests and general members.  VIP and staff are still able to post comments.  That covers the most frequent users of the site as well as scan and financial donors to DCM. 

Robb is now a VIP member and can contribute comments all he likes.

Take care,
-yoc