- +

Author Topic: Weird glitch as of 16 June 23  (Read 2381 times)

Offline crashryan

• DCM Member
Weird glitch as of 16 June 23
« on: June 16, 2023, 01:49:14 PM »
Whenever I clicked on a "read online" link from the new items list, instead I got a phony "click to prove you're not a robot" page which also requested notifications etc. I'm not sure if this is a local virus in my browser (Firefox) or something affecting the site. Anyone else have this problem?

Digital Comic Museum

Weird glitch as of 16 June 23
« on: June 16, 2023, 01:49:14 PM »

Offline Dave Hayward

• Repeat Donor!
  • Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
Re: Weird glitch as of 16 June 23
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 02:16:38 PM »
There's been a spammer posting comments to many comic book entries, somehow they've managed to do something which redirects you to that site when clicking on a comic book link.  >:(

Yoc is currently looking into deleting the spam postings, banning the spammer and getting CaptDJ involved to get things back up and running correctly.

Done a bit of checking, seems that they posted to numerous separate listings, but the problem is currently affecting any comic book link that you click on, so it may be a while before things get back to normal.

Apologies for the interuption in service.

Dave

« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 02:47:30 PM by Dave Hayward »

Online Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 03:59:30 PM »
Hi Crash,
We are back.  We were not hacked, no data was exposed. Our comment system was abused by a bot to redirect users to a spam website and we are sorry about this. We are investigating and believe we have fixed the bug.  We are looking deeper but the site is back up again.

-Yoc

Offline crashryan

• DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 05:48:25 PM »
Thanks for the speedy repair. I wasn't sure if it was just me. Gotta love those spambots >:( >:( >:(