- +

Author Topic: Back again!  (Read 1906 times)

Offline a_kid_4_life

• DCM Member
Back again!
« on: May 09, 2012, 05:49:15 AM »
Don't know why I never got any notification of the replies from when I was here before (Rick the Car Comic Aholic) but I have read them now & want to thank everyone for your input. As far as my collection goes I have all but 6 of the Hot Rods and Racing cars, all of the Speed Demons, World of Wheels, Grand Prix, Teenage Hotrodders, Top Eliminator, Dragstrip Hot Rodders, and most others. I have over 500 car comics and some from U.K. and Aust. I also have motorcycle comics. The books from the 70's I have almost all of them need like 6 to finish. I even have 1 that was a give away at the Indy 500 in 1950. If anybody has any kind of car comic let me know there are a few that I would like to own such as a promo on cruise control and Henry gets the keys. I have been at this collection for about 10yrs now and don't know how much I have spent and doubt I want to (LOL). I also have been working on a web site for comic collectors that helps them keep track of what they have and need. When I first went there they did not have any of my titles in their data base, but I have fixed that and now they probably have the most complete listing of car comics in 1 site then anywhere else. I have not finished entering all the info for each book yet but in time. The name of the site is Comic Collector Live if anyone wants to check it out. I don't want anyone to think I am selling this site, it is just info for you to do what ever you want with, I gain nothing if you join.If you have questions after you look at it let me know and I will answer them private e mail. If anyone would like a list of what I am looking for or there is a place here to do that let me know. As far as me adding to your site let me know how I can help. I am just a car guy who also likes comics and have been helping the others out there know just how many there are!

Guess what I was looking through the publisher list and spotted one I knew then could not find my car title listed. So I will ask if all titles by the publisher Ziff Davis are public domain? If so I may be able to add to this great site!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:09:36 AM by a_kid_4_life »

Digital Comic Museum

Back again!
« on: May 09, 2012, 05:49:15 AM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Back again!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 06:57:29 AM »
Hi Rick,
Most Ziff Davis is PD but please read this tutorial on how to check your titles -
http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/forum/index.php/topic,2452.0.html

Also - THE best online index for comics is the Grand Comics Database!
I'm sure they'd welcome help from you regarding race care, motorcycle comics in their index.

Check it out here -
http://www.comics.org/

If you are uploading here remember our 'no later than the end of 1959' rule.
Our tutorial on How to Upload is here -
http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/forum/index.php/topic,1882.0.html

And the FAQ here -
http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/forum/index.php/topic,1810.0.html

Take care,
-Yoc

Offline a_kid_4_life

• DCM Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 09:04:47 AM »
That is a great site but the site I am working with is set up to help collectors keep track of haves/needs. I have also found that GCD does not have much on newer books or variants. And you are right about they could use my help with car comics, check out what they have for Hot Rods and Racing Cars. That is a 120 issue series.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:08:36 AM by a_kid_4_life »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 10:44:39 AM »
Right.  No one site is perfect.  GCD is more for index information than helping with personal collections.

Offline builderboy

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 07:14:59 AM »
Hey, Kid!  Nice to see a fellow CCL'er out in the greater comic book community.  My user name on CCL is Warlock, and I used to do a good amount of indexing there.  Sadly, not so much any more (tired of butting heads against a certain character there).  I do remember your amazing knowledge on the car books.

For all of you who struggle organizing your collection, Comic Collector Live is a site which serves as a combination database and marketplace.  It lets you organize your collection, identify stuff that you might want to collect, and provides notices when things you are seeking are available for sale.  Software is free.  Updates on the database are by yearly subscription.  It has been great for me, and some of the material I have posted here has been gotten thru that site.

Kid, I hope you consider contributing here, as you seem to have an wealth of material that could expand this site in a new direction.

best regards, and hope to see you around.