developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1464 times)

Offline KidEternityTalk

• DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
Greetings!
« on: March 08, 2019, 06:54:14 PM »
My username is KidEternityTalk on twitter. As you can probably tell, I am a great fan of the hero Kid Eternity and in particular his Golden Age run.

I have been using Digital Comic Museum for about five years now. Mainly, to read Captain Marvel Jr., Mary Marvel, and other assorted Marvel Family titles. I've always been interested in Fawcett Comics' publication history and anything written by Otto Binder. It may have been due to register for an account on here.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Take care! xx

Digital Comic Museum

Greetings!
« on: March 08, 2019, 06:54:14 PM »

Offline erwin-k

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • New Pulp Writer
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 08:09:03 AM »
Ahh, another Certified Fawcett Fan(tm). Glad you decided to sign in.

I bought an issue of Kid Eternity circa 1964. I liked it, but not enough to seek out more. I did follow the Marvel Family, Bulletman, and Radar. Thanks to this site, I still do.

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 02:19:24 PM »
Welcome officially to the fold KET!
:)

Offline KidEternityTalk

• DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 04:50:26 PM »
Ahh, another Certified Fawcett Fan(tm). Glad you decided to sign in.

Can there ever be too many of us?  ;) Thanks.

I bought an issue of Kid Eternity circa 1964. I liked it, but not enough to seek out more. I did follow the Marvel Family, Bulletman, and Radar. Thanks to this site, I still do.

In terms of quality of story, I prefer his appearances in Hit Comics (starting in #25) over his solo series. Kid Eternity was a bit generic, but the tone of some of the Hit Comics stories were varied and interesting. Part of me wonders if there were more writers working on the former title, to explain that. Anyway, I would give it a chance, if you want. I read Hit Comics #29 yesterday on here, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm a millenial and don't own any of these comics, so this site is very much a blessing to me. By the way, who are your favorite Fawcett Comics characters? Strangely enough, I like "Balbo the Boy Magician" very much. He was never revived in the modern age.

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

Likewise.

Welcome officially to the fold KET!
:)

Thank you!

Offline erwin-k

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • New Pulp Writer
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 07:34:32 AM »
My favorite Fawcett titles are Master Comics and Wow Comics. And not for the CMJ or Mary Marvel stories. (Tho some of those are excellent.)

I really enjoy Bulletman & Bulletgirl. Radar, the post-war Commando Yank, Mr. Scarlet (to a lesser extent) and especially the Phantom Eagle.

Balbo is fun, but not really a favorite.

Radar appears in a full length book here:

https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php?dlid=26504

Also, please read my introduction to the Origin of Captain Marvel, Jr. collection at:

https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/preview/index.php?did=17548&page=3

Read the archive from the beginning here:

https://digitalcomicmuseum.com/index.php?dlid=17750