developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Marvel Digest Comics #6 featuring the Avengers! 2 Jack Kirby & 3 Jim Starlin art  (Read 1407 times)

Offline bminor

• Keeper of the Comics
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Brian and Rebecca Minor Watercolors
I know that this is not a PD book, but it is the ONLY comic I purchase at all anymore.
Marvel has gone to Archie Publications and they are putting out a Marvel Comics Digest every two months.

Each issue highlights a different Marvel Hero, So far their have been a Spidey, Thor, X-Men, and now three Avengers issues.

Each book reprints usually two early, early silver age issues, then some from the later sixties, seventies and some more recent. With reproductions of original covers.
I all of them so far because of the DITKO and KIRBY art!!! Oh so beautiful!!!

The newest one though is really good.
It has THREE Jim Starlin stories and TWO JACK KIRBY STORIES. I could care less about the newer reprints, but those silver age Kirby storys and the three Starlin stories are dynamite! I remember buying all three of those Starlin stories when they first appearaed. I collected them all together just like they are presented in this book and read them many a time!

Oh, yes these Marvel Digests are available at Wal-Mart of all places!!!

MARVEL COMICS DIGEST #6: AVENGERS VS. THANOS
Marvel Comics’ best-selling heroes are back in the ever-popular digest format! This sixth issue spotlights AVENGERS VS. THANOS: INFINITY WAR! This is a can’t-miss collector’s item that will only be printed once!
Reprints the following stories:Avengers (1963) #6 !!!!  KIRBYAvengers (1963) #7 !!!!  KIRBYIron Man (1968) #55 !!!!!   STARLINAvengers (1963) #125  DAVE COCKRUM Avengers Annual (1967) #7 !!!! STARLINMarvel Two-In-One Annual (1976) #2 !!! STARLINAvengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes (2010) #3Marvel Universe Avengers Assemble: Season Two (2014) #1Marvel Universe Avengers Assemble: Season Two (2014) #2

Yours,
B.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:56:08 AM by Yoc »

Digital Comic Museum

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
I heard these were being made.  I'm not a Walmart guy so I've never seen one.

-Yoc

Offline bminor

• Keeper of the Comics
  • VIP
  • DCM Member
    • Brian and Rebecca Minor Watercolors
Apparently they are also in comic shops.
and in grocery stores that carry the Archie Digests!!!!

Offline Defiant1

• DCM Member
  • Comic Information Collector
    • Life After Comics II (Retry repeatedly if link fails)
I bought Marvel Comics Digest #3 just to check out the format.
I was underwhelmed.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/f661747d656b269124ae00e0496cafe5/tumblr_pms8qkbtqA1rl13p0o1_500.png