developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Should I switch to digital comics?  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Darryncosta

• DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
Should I switch to digital comics?
« on: December 25, 2018, 11:55:37 PM »
I'm debating switching to digital comics from physical comics but I have a few questions I need help with before I decide.

First, I'm going to be reading them on an e-ink kindle so it will be all in black and white. Does losing the colors really affect the reading experience or is it bearable? 

Second, how do digital comics handle pictures that span both pages? Such as a panel that starts on the left and continues onto the right.

Lastly, how legible are they? I tried a sample and the dialogue was easy to read but some of the fine print like copyright info and even the author/artist names were hard to read.

If you know of any other pros or cons with digital comics that I should be wary off please let me know. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 08:17:42 AM by Yoc »

Digital Comic Museum

Should I switch to digital comics?
« on: December 25, 2018, 11:55:37 PM »

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Should I switch to digital comics?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 08:22:02 AM »
I removed the commercial link from your post there D but you ask some good questions otherwise.  Please, do not post links to commercial products.  They are considered spam and can result in banning.

I tried to use an e-ink reader for comic scan reading and it was not a good experience.  I suggest you spend a little more and buy a full colour tablet.  It's far more satisfying and with the right comic reading app, I use Perfect Viewer, it is fine.  Double page spreads can be seen but they page sizes shrink to make room to show them.

Good luck in your efforts,
-Yoc

Offline darkmark (RIP)

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Re: Should I switch to digital comics?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 10:17:01 PM »
I had to do it, because I had to sell off my physical collection to make ends meet.  Also it's a lot easier to cart hard drives or disks around than it was to carry all that heavy paper.  I don't miss the physical books at all.