developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Newspaper comic "Urge to Kill"  (Read 2812 times)

Offline gizropie

• DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
Newspaper comic "Urge to Kill"
« on: June 30, 2018, 11:53:58 PM »
Anyone remember the cartoon from the 1950's that had the text "Urge to Kill" with a frying pan flying at someone's head?   I don't know if that was the title.  The artwork looked like that in "They'll Do it Every Time."  If you know where I can see "Urge to Kill" please email. 

Digital Comic Museum

Newspaper comic "Urge to Kill"
« on: June 30, 2018, 11:53:58 PM »

Offline erwin-k

• VIP
  • DCM Member
  • New Pulp Writer
Re: Newspaper comic "Urge to Kill"
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 07:19:45 AM »
IIRC, "Urge to Kill" was a part of Jimmy Hatlo's They'll Do It Every Time. Sometimes it would simply be the words, with an arrow pointing to an angry character. After the tag-line caught on, there might be an Urge to Kill panel within the Sunday strip.

Do hope my memory's working properly.

Offline chrisbroz

• DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 11:35:41 AM »
Along with Lil' Iodine, it was one of my favorite Sunday comics....I'm 70 BTW...

Offline gizropie

• DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 01:12:29 AM »
erwin-k, Your memory is outstanding!  MUCH better than mine.  I looked at countless Hatlo cartoons at the site linked below & none had the "Urge to kill" words or the flying skillet.  But I recognized the drawings right away & his thanking of people who gave him ideas.  For awhile he even gave their addresses!  I had no idea this comic ran for so very long.  I only read it in the 50's/60's. I should have come back to this site & seen your prompt reply over 4 yrs. ago, DUH.  Thanks a MILLION!  Gene Jacobs.  https://oldtales7.wordpress.com//?s=jimmy+hatlo&search=Go