- +

Author Topic: .cbr trouble  (Read 3329 times)

Offline KevinP

• VIP
  • DCM Member
.cbr trouble
« on: May 30, 2018, 02:06:45 AM »
I just gotr a new computer. I downloaded WinRar and CBR. I can read CBRs that I download but I can no longer create CBR files. I used to do this by highlighting a set of JPGs and creating a RAR, then changing the .rar file extension to .cbr. This no longer works. When I change the .rar to .cbr and open it, the .cbr is blank. I can convert it back to .rar and everything is there.
"Stories are signposts to help the world choose between the darkness and the light." ~Arago

Digital Comic Museum

.cbr trouble
« on: May 30, 2018, 02:06:45 AM »

Offline Captain DJ

• Server Admin
  • Administrator
  • DCM Member
Re: .cbr trouble
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 03:40:08 AM »
Hi Kevin,

Never seen this. Create a small cbr file with few images and if same result sent it to admins@digitalcomicmuseum.com and I will take a look at the file.

Thanks,
Captain DJ

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 08:32:15 AM »
Hi Kevin,
For people wishing to share files on DCM we really would prefer people upload CBZ/Zip files which are not a proprietary format.
As for your problem it is an odd one I've never heard before.  CaptDJ here might be able to help when he sees a sample from you.

-Yoc

Offline KevinP

• VIP
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 08:36:51 AM »
Thanks, will do. In doing that I also discovered that if I take one of your .cbr files and convert it to .rar and back again it also comes up as a blank .cbr
"Stories are signposts to help the world choose between the darkness and the light." ~Arago

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 04:24:02 PM »
Now that is odd, be sure to give Capt. DJ your operating system OS, that may have something to do with it, but I wouldn't think so. Weird!  :o

- Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time