- +

Author Topic: change in publishers  (Read 2873 times)

Offline freddyfly

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
change in publishers
« on: December 09, 2017, 09:51:08 PM »
Hi,
The new Bruce Gentry #1 is a Four Star (published by Robert Farrell), and, for consistency, should be over in the Farrell section that's already set up for it (like the first 2 Brenda Starrs).
The Superior section info is correct - 7 issues numbered 2-8.
-Len W.

Digital Comic Museum

change in publishers
« on: December 09, 2017, 09:51:08 PM »

Online Snard

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
Re: change in publishers
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 07:17:37 AM »
I realized that the first issue was not published by Superior, but I felt it would be easier for people to find if it were located with the other Bruce Gentry issues, since they are in the same numbering sequence. However, if the DCM admins agree with you and want to move it to the other publisher, they should do so.

Also, be aware that issues 3 and 8 will be scanned and posted soon, to complete the run.

PS - did you like the scan?

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 09:36:29 AM »
DCM is going to keep them together.

Offline freddyfly

• VIP Uploaders
  • DCM Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 08:47:07 PM »
Thanks for the scan! and I'm looking forward to the other two.

:-/
Meanwhile...
for Consistency: the first 2 Brenda Starrs should be moved from 4Star to join the Superior issues.
And, the 4Star section should be dumped, or have a link to the Superiors
(and for Even More consistency, add the 3 Charltons to the 4Stars.. same number sequence!).

Same for the Gentrys: either dump the 4Star section or add a link to the Superiors.
And the Sup section info should be changed to read " 8 issues numbered 1-8 ", along with the publishing info.
And don't forget Aggie Mack #1... same as Bruce #1, pub'd by Farrell/4Star!

All comments welcome!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 08:55:16 PM by freddyfly »
-Len W.

Offline OtherEric

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 11:14:37 PM »
We should probably try and figure out a way to link from one to the other.  As it currently stands, I think we're basing our sorting on what the GCD is currently using... but the way the publishers overlapped is just odd even by golden age publishing standards, and figuring out the best way to explain it is an open subject.

I think GCD considers Four Star (when published in Canada) an imprint of Superior, as in the case of the Aggie Mack and Bruce Gentry's first issues.  The Brenda Starr 13 (1) was published in the US is why it's separate.

With that said, It's definitely a messy and confusing situation and figuring out a way to make it clearer wouldn't hurt.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 08:54:42 AM »
At the moment it's not possible to include active links within a title's folder description.  As much as having a link from one publisher publishing a title to the next all we can currently do is just mention it.

-Yoc