developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Looking for Comic Books from the 50's - 60's that were drawn by Kenneth Landau  (Read 2711 times)

Offline Landau

• DCM Member
  • Golden Age Fan

My father was a comic book artist for ACG and a couple others as well, during the 50's and thru early 60's. When he passed away, I was left with a plethora of artwork and comic strips that never sold he had done as well as boxes of comic books (some of his) that he had saved. I don't have ALL of his work, and as I found more and more, I am shocked at how much he did, that I never knew about. This is like finding Christmas gifts every day since he passed away. I'm currently writing a book about his life, career, and will include all of his artwork. I need to have all his comic book history with publishers, dates and issue # if possible. I had one site send me a DVD of some of his comic book artwork as he has a blog about my father, but the issue dayes are now visual, and i need those for my agent to get permission to add to the book.
I found this site, and thought perhaps this is where I can look. Any help anyone can give would be great!
Mar

Digital Comic Museum

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Hi Mar,
About the best we can do at the moment is suggest you check for your father's name on the Grand Comics Database with this link and note books that were published no later than Dec 1959 and see if they are on DCM.  DCM doesn't share any books beyond that date.  We are currently working to make such a feature within DCM but we haven't gotten to the comic creators category yet.

Here's a direct link to the GCD with a search for your Dad.   https://www.comics.org/penciller/name/Kenneth%20Landau/sort/alpha/

Good luck with your project!
-Yoc

Offline crashryan

• DCM Member
Mr Landau, you may already know this, but in case you don't...there was a persistent fandom myth in the 1970s that Kenneth Landau was the same person as actor Martin Landau. Someone read that Martin had worked as a cartoonist, put 2 and 2 together, and got 13. Eventually the facts won out and put an end to comic artist/movie star "Kenneth Martin Landau."

Offline Geo (RIP)

• Global Moderator
  • DCM Member
I believe he did most if not all of Commander Battle and the Atomic Sub plus lots more in Adventures into the Unknown and  Forbidden Worlds for American Comic Group. Your best hope would be doing a search on Grand Comics Database here: https://www.comics.org
Just put in your Dad's name when doing a search and it should bring up all of his comic work. Good luck with your book.

Geo
Filling holes, by ONE book at a time