DCM Download Site > What you can upload

The WANTED COMICS List

<< < (3/9) > >>

movielover:
Nope, a lot of GM in there, so doesn't come off

Crimson-Blue-Green:
I see a mistake.  It's "Spy Smasher" #10, not 9, that has some fiche pages.  An upgrade for #10 is something I'd like to see.   

Snard:
Actually, both #9 and #10 have fiche pages (the former has ifc, ibc, the latter has 2 missing centerfolds). But the list was still incorrect, so I've made the necessary additions/corrections.

OtherEric:
Saw some books on the list we actually do have.  The three St. John "3-D comics" issues are actually the 3-D issues of TOR.  The indicia is weird on those

Snard:

--- Quote from: OtherEric on November 03, 2019, 12:07:25 AM ---Saw some books on the list we actually do have.  The three St. John "3-D comics" issues are actually the 3-D issues of TOR.  The indicia is weird on those

--- End quote ---

The Wanted List shows 3 unscanned 3-D Comics issues: 2a, 2b and 2c.  On DCM, there are two different scans of Tor 2a and one scan of 2b. However, comparing the front covers of these 3 scans with those on GCD would seem to indicate that the two 2a scans are actually 2a, and the 2b scan we have is actually 2c. One of the 2a scans on DCM is missing the ifc and back cover, and the front cover is a fill from elsewhere.  GCD also states that the 2a and 2b contents are identical, and that the 2b issue was magazine sized, while 2a was comic book sized.

In summary, I think that the DCM issues need to be renamed to be consistent with GCD (assuming that we trust GCD's indexing on these issues). The two JVJon scans should be labeled as 2a and 2c, and the unknown scanner scan should be labeled as incomplete and is either 2a or 2b.  As for the list, I think we can safely remove 2a and 2c, and probably 2b as well, since it's only a magazine-sized reprint of 2a.  Let me know if you agree with all of this.

EDIT: After looking more closely at the JVJon scans for 2a, I see that he included a scan of the oversize cover (i.e. 2b). So that helps with the decision to mark issue 2b as scanned for the Wanted List.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version