developed-responsibility
- +

Author Topic: Found Scans  (Read 2425 times)

Offline KevinP

• VIP
  • DCM Member
Found Scans
« on: August 28, 2014, 10:54:16 PM »
I have found 2 sites with complete scans of books that DCM doesn't have. I believe both are public domain. http://diversionsofthegroovykind.blogspot.com/2010/05/black-and-white-wednesday-sanho-kims.html has Sanho Kim's graphic novel WRONG COUNTRY. http://charltonlibrary.blogspot.com/2011/08/green-planet-one-shot-1962.html has the one shot GREEN PLANET from Charlton. (Both sites have other comics as well) What is the protocol for downloading these into .rar or .cbr and posting them at DCM? Should I contact the administartors and ask their permission, or would a request be more appropriate coming from DCM?
"Stories are signposts to help the world choose between the darkness and the light." ~Arago

Digital Comic Museum

Found Scans
« on: August 28, 2014, 10:54:16 PM »

Offline movielover

• DCM Member
Re: Found Scans
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 05:24:48 AM »
The black and white one probably originates in the 70s, so I would probably say not PD, even though it seems to have never been printed. Anyway, way to long past the site cutoff of Dec. 1959. The second is PD, but past the cutoff date. CB+ does have a copy up.

Offline Yoc

• S T A F F
  • Administrators
  • DCM Member
  • 14 Years Strong!
Re: Found Scans
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 08:45:54 AM »
Thanks for bringing this us Kevin.
DCM has a cut-off date of Dec 1959.  CB+ is willing to share later PD titles.

If you do find something it would be a courtesy to contact the blog about us.  But at the same time many blogs are sharing scans found on DCM and we don't hear from them.  All we would ask is a credit to the original scanner and DCM.  So if you find something ithat could be used here please be sure to include a credit to the blog in the description area when uploading.

-Yoc